PDA

View Full Version : Newby with XB12SS

TnTnTN
07-03-2007, 02:49 PM
I have about 900 miles on my new Lightning XB12 and I really like it. It is a great ride and bike. The sound, handling, feel, and raw roll on are outstanding. It has a lot of usable practical power and comfort for a road bike. We live out in the boonies and have many winding mtn roads-perfect terrain for the Buell. I have owned several Hondas, and a couple of Ducatis. I like them all, don't get me wrong, but the Buell is outstanding for the money.

I would like to open up the exhaust somewhat to let a few more horses and sound out of the barn. I have been reading some of the info on this forum and looked at the Drummer system. That seems like about what I want. I don't want it to be really loud but I really like the big boom of the Termignonis on a Duck. The Buell ought to make a big boom boom too.

At any rate I changed the oil myself to the Screaming Eagle 20-50 at 300 miles and will eventually go to the Mobil 1 V Twin oil. I guess the dealer will put in their oil at the 1000 mi service.

The bike/motor seems to run better and better.

Again, thanks for the good info and discussion on this forum. TnTnTn

mrdozer2you
07-03-2007, 06:22 PM
Congrats on the bike and welcome!![up]:D

LeFox
07-03-2007, 08:46 PM
congratz & gave fun ;)