PDA

View Full Version : Air Intake Modification

embree05
07-22-2009, 05:35 PM
Hello,

I have a 2002 Cyclone M2 for which I recently obtained a forcewinder air intake modification (site link - http://www.useforce.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=UF&Product_Code=UF-5007BK&Category_Code=BL-AS ). I was going through the installation yesterday following the very high level instructions and got a little confused as to what to do with the provided vent filter (K&N part 62-1000 - http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=62-1000). ) If anyone could provide some insight as to how to install this I would really appreciate it. I'm not sure if it's supposed to go in the metal arm that attaches the air filter to the bike or somewhere else on the bike (i.e. attached to one of the hoses. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

His_and_Her_Buells
07-22-2009, 06:41 PM
I think it attaches to the crankcase breather hoses that would have originally gone to the air box which you will no longer use.

embree05
07-22-2009, 08:57 PM
Yeah, that definitely makes more sense than having it sit in the metal arm that the air filter attaches to. Just seemed kinda wierd because that would mean that the vent filter would just be out in the open, exposed, and not attached to anything on the bike other than the hose (i.e. not mounted like the actual air filter is)...but nonetheless, still makes more sense to be attached to the breather than to be blocking air flow in the air filter assembly.

Now another question comes to mind though...so there are two breather hoses that come out, one on each side of where the air filter is mounted. These two are then joined to one long hose via a "T" connection and run down the frame of the bike...I assume this is where you're thinking the vent filter would be connected. But then another small hose (maybe 3/8")comes off of the bottom carburetor and originally attached to a knob on the air box. Any idea what that is for? I'm thinking I may need to plug it or something given that it was previously plugged by the knob on the box, just not sure what purpose it actually serves.

Thanks for the feedback!

His_and_Her_Buells
07-22-2009, 11:10 PM
But then another small hose (maybe 3/8")comes off of the bottom carburetor and originally attached to a knob on the air box. Any idea what that is for? I'm thinking I may need to plug it or something given that it was previously plugged by the knob on the box, just not sure what purpose it actually serves.

Can't really help you on that one, maybe you could post up some pics. But carburators aren't my thing.

aaronbuell
07-23-2009, 12:47 PM
I had an 01 blast that had a hose in the airbox like that. It might have something to do with emmissions but I'm not sure. I'd just plug it and see how it runs.