PDA

View Full Version : who should I let do my baby?

jwa
07-23-2009, 04:22 PM
yeah I'll post pics!
Well ok, she needs the box tuned after airbox delete, filter and slip-on, but there are no shops capaple to tune my bike here. 08 xb12scg. Direct Link with cable is on the way and I have talked to a guy tuning a lot of Suzukis and a Harley stealership. Tuner guy with no experience on Buell's but lots with tuning would give me discount if we would do it 2 on 1, me bringing my computer with DLink to his shop. The Harley guy might do it for free with the same formula, as they are starting up their Buell tuning and would like a "test bike".

Who should I let do it?

Macbuell
07-23-2009, 06:07 PM
I was taken aback by the title of the posting. Happy to see it about a buell like I thought it would be :) Least I know my girlfriend does not like it when I piamp her out.

I would probably go harley shop, might be willing to put more time into it. Whoever can give it the most time is where I would go

His_and_Her_Buells
07-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Why not try it yourself. If that's out of the question then here's my $.02 . If the Harley dude has tuned some Harleys than I would be more inclined to go to him, more familiar with the engine and directlink. I think ricerboy should also be willing to do it for free or next to nothing since your bike is a test mule and he didn't invest any $$$ in the directlink. Also If you're not being charged I'm willing to bet neither one will stand behind their work. Bad maps can cause bad things to happen.

Stevenc150
07-24-2009, 02:56 AM
Maybe someone else will know for sure, (since I don't) is there a huge difference in tuning 4s (if he goes w/ Tuner guy) and Twins (Harley guy)?

Sounds like Tuner has a lot of experience, but Harley is may be making your bike a guinae pig.

ridendude
07-24-2009, 04:31 AM
Here's my 0.02. Harley guy has experience with the V-twin, as well as access to Harley & Buell stuff. Rice guy, may have experience tuning 4's with a 15k redline, but twins with far different performance characteristics are a different beast altogether....
First things first, make a current copy of your ECM, and then, whomever you decide can do their adjustments with a safe fallback.
Good luck1
Cheers:D

Fock347
07-24-2009, 09:41 PM
why dont you just use the race data on the older models and pretty much type that data into the 08. just the data cus you cant copy the files from the older models on the 08-09s. if you need race data on the xb12 you can have mine