PDA

View Full Version : turn signals

curryblast91
07-23-2009, 08:23 PM
went to put new turn signals in left side was no problem when i put the right side in instead of the normal clicking from the flasher i got a buzzing noise. left side works fine.
any ideas?????

50dro
07-23-2009, 08:32 PM
u need an LED turn signal relay (assuming your new signals are LED?)...about $12 from your local auto parts store. I can't remember the number on it right off though. take your old one to the store with you and tell them you want to replace it with an LED relay.

curryblast91
07-23-2009, 08:37 PM
what do you mean by relay.
sorry this is my first bike.
the new signals are led but i am replacing the back only
will a led relay let me keep the stock signals on the front

His_and_Her_Buells
07-23-2009, 08:49 PM
Double check the polarity first as leds will not work if plugged in backwards. If polarity is good then go with the relay as mentioned above. Relays are under the seat. Yours should be easy to find because it will be the one vibrating because of the buzzing. Just unplug it (you'll know it the right one if the buzzing stops) and take it to the auto parts store. If the new relay doesn't fix it then you may have to put led in front also.

RyBuell
07-23-2009, 09:20 PM
the EP-36 flash relay from Kragen/O'reileys/pep boys did the trick for me...no more buzzing.

curryblast91
07-23-2009, 09:42 PM
okay guys i think i figured it out.
my front left signal was burned out.
replaced with a new bulb and that stopped the buzzing.
since it was only buzzing on the one side i guess that was an indicator of the bad bulb
thanks for all the help [up]