PDA

View Full Version : Buell Cancelling, Discontinuing the Blast? Is it True?

buellxb
07-24-2009, 09:17 PM
I can not believe the article I just read. Has Buell really decided to discontinue the Blast? This does not make any sense. Just check Google's search traffic for "Blast Parts", "Buell Blast" and many others. The traffic is far higher than some other models. I thought this was probably because of the lower price point. I guess no one knows how many Blasts are sold each year better than HD and Buell themselves. [confused]

Midnight82
07-24-2009, 09:19 PM
It might be a problem if people need that many Blast parts, no?

Secondly, the only used Buells the dealership has are always Blasts. I assume that's for a reason.

buellxb
07-24-2009, 09:28 PM
Yeah, but most Blast parts and accessories purchased on http://www.buellparts.net are not replacement parts aside from some mirrors here and there. I'm pretty sure that the Blast is a reliable motorcycle.

xtremelow
07-24-2009, 09:33 PM
I think it is reliable because people out grow the bike so fast and never ride it.

I would like to hear what some of the mileages are on blasts?!

Maybe they will replace it with something cool like the Peashooter!

buellxb
07-24-2009, 09:45 PM
Yeah, they should at least come out with a pocket bike or something.

dave_xb12r
07-24-2009, 10:16 PM
That means tomorrow they're introducing a new one!! YAYY!

xtremelow
07-25-2009, 03:28 AM
Rider Mag. Photos

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buell/messages/4062/480596.jpg

RT Performance
07-25-2009, 03:50 AM
I think it is reliable because people out grow the bike so fast and never ride it.

I would like to hear what some of the mileages are on blasts?!
There one lady that has a boat load of miles even road one from fl- mi
I must then give my undying gratitude to my best friend, riding buddy & husband who also serves as my mechanic. For without him, I would not have made even the first 1,000 miles. Thumper - thanks for 63,000 miles of fun, laughter and joy. Here's to the next 63,000+
link http://www.whereismaggiemae.com/myadventure.htm
But yes many go right back just like sportsters LOL

skellybuell
07-25-2009, 03:59 AM
It is kind of sad in a way a Blast is a great starter bike and American made. I guess they have their reasons or they wouldn't do it. It might be the economy or the profit margin might be too low. Who knows maybe in 20 years the Blast might be worth more than the rest of the XB line. [confused]

CJT
07-25-2009, 04:29 AM
I learned to ride on a Blast. It was alot of fun and a very forgiving first bike. It dealt with the abuse a newb brings, always started right up and did as it should when told to. Even for my first bike, I felt I had outgrown it after less than a year and got my XB. Sorry to see it go, I would have figured it brought alot of return buyers to the Buell marque?! Without it many new riders may learn on small Jap bikes and then trade up for the same brand, but bigger. Like was said already, a bussiness decision based on dollars and cents.