PDA

View Full Version : THE BLAST IS DEAD!!!!!

wokor2wheel
07-25-2009, 02:26 AM
IF ANYONE HAS THE LATESTISSUE OF RIDER AND OPENS THE COVER THEY WILL SEE WHAT APPEARS TO BE A COUPLE BLASTS THAT HAVE GENTLY BEEN THROUGH THE CRUSHER!!!! THAT CAN MEAN ONLY ONE THING!!! The Blast is done and nothing will replace it or they have a replacment.

oxygen151
07-25-2009, 02:47 AM
about time.

wokor2wheel
07-25-2009, 03:12 AM
This has been a long time coming. This is from the Sept. issue of Rider Magazine. I wish I could photocopy it. There is a picture of what appears to be a couple Blasts that have been crushed into a cube. The article on the left goes like this.." Introducing the 2010 Buell Blast.
The Buell Blast was cute little motorcycle. It just never made much of a sportbike. But, as luck would have it, it makes a killer ottoman. Or end table. Or a art Piece. Through an innovative process known as crushing, we've turned a limited number of Blasts into colorful metal cubes, each numbered and signed by Eric Buell himself. Topped with a piece of glass, there's no better home for your feet, an AMA magazine, or a hot cup of coffee, Hey there's no denying the Blasts aforementioned cuteness. But there's nothing cute about racing or ridding a sportbike the way it was meant to be ridden. And while racing and sportbikes have always been important at Buell, they are now officially the only thing that matters. So the Blast will not be moving forward. In fact, in its new configuration, it can't really move at all."

xtremelow
07-25-2009, 03:27 AM
Here ya go

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buell/messages/4062/480596.jpg

kenrulloda
07-25-2009, 03:57 AM
Awww nuts!!!!

I had better learn to start wrenching on the blast. I must say though, it's been a trusty little bike and great getting around on it in the town...

:D [confused] :p

His_and_Her_Buells
07-25-2009, 01:48 PM
I want one that was signed by Eric.

TooFst
07-25-2009, 06:21 PM
I rode a blast back in 03...all summer long.. It was an awesome 1st bike..Very confidence inspiring.

Trill
07-25-2009, 07:40 PM
watch the video lol Mr. Buell seemed to enjoy crushing the poor thing

kenrulloda
07-26-2009, 02:52 AM
yeap. unfortunately, it was felt that the blast didn't fit with their goals bold, innovative, etc... I guess it was not worthy enough to re-engineer the blast with some of the newer designs in that are in the XB group.

GatorBuell
07-26-2009, 02:58 PM
They could put that motor in a super single motard or cafe bike like Mac motors did. That would make a nice entry level American made sport bike.

wokor2wheel
08-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Did anyone ever think that Mr. Buell was told to make a Blast to fit in HD's rider's edge program???

RandyXB9R
08-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Talk about poor taste. What were they thinking? What about the loyal Blast owners that bought the bikes? What about the dealers that have them on the floor? This looks like a new marketing company trying to be edgy and it's just plain wrong. It was a great bike that brought riders into the family. Is that a crime? Crushing good bikes is wrong too, especially in these times when people have a hard time affording a motorcycle. Like others have mentioned, with a restyle, they'd have been a viable street bike for years to come. I ride a Firebolt but wouldn't mind a Blast set up for fire roads and loose stuff when I go back into the woods here in NW Wisconsin.

The ad upsets me for a lot of reasons.

RandyXB9R

Dragonslayer
08-09-2009, 01:27 PM
There are some Blasts still being made, the kind that you can ride. They just don't have the Buell logo on them anymore, like it's no longer a Buell bike. My question is: who owns it? Harley or Buell? And who is gonna want to buy a bike that the company itself has pretty much **** on?

Erik I know you like to be different and that's part of what brought me to love the Buell brand, but the "cube" thing was a bad move.

BadDad320
08-09-2009, 03:49 PM
I called Harley and expressed my disappointment with the discontinuing of the Blast. I told them that it a reliable, easy to ride, affordable, fun, entry level bike that builds brand loyalty. They were very receptive and welcomed my opinion. My wife has a Blast and it is a very cool bike..... I hope they replace it with a similar bike using that 500cc engine...

PatGib
09-24-2009, 06:37 PM
[confused]I just bought my first bike. I got the Buell Blast cause its got an awesome rep as a 'starter bike.' I have since fallen in love with it. I can't wait to move up to the Lightning, but since I am NOT trading in my Blast, I guess I will have to save up. In any case, I was thoroughly disappointed about the whole Crushed Blast. Sucks, I can see why he love of these bikes is strong.

To think I bought the Blast as a 'throw away' bike I could drop and not get too upset. First you can't drop this bike, second, I take such good care of it because is so Effin fun.[cool] But seriously they need to 'replace' or reintroduce it. I realize that Buell wants the sport bike 'rep' but to lose an awesome chunk of the beginner market for the sake of reputation seems a bit, I don't know, stupid.

Nuage420b
09-24-2009, 08:49 PM
I dunno. . . I went for the XB12 for my first bike. . . I am extremely glad I did not get a blast. Maybe if I had the money to buy a small bike first then upgrade I would of considered it more. Like everyone says if you respect the bikes power it will only be as fast as you make it. I'm not pushing the bike at all when I've gone for rides and it is a very easy bike to handle. The gear ratio's are awesome I have yet to ride a jap bike but I can already tell how the less frequent shifting is a huge advantage over the I4's. After the first hour on the bike it became "confidence inspiring" and not such a scary monster. Now don't get me wrong I'm white knuckled with the asshole puckered when I ride but that's from me knowing that I don't know **** about riding yet and I just hope I don't have to learn any more lessons the hard way. On coming traffic, and people pulling out scare the piss out of me. I agree with Buell. He has product's attacking the throats of Ducati's and winning AMA championships, it's in his best interest to focus all his assets and funds to where it is paying off. He's thinking long term and sometimes stuff get's axed. He's a racer on the cusp of clawing his way ,after 2 decades, into the racing scene that started his company to begin with. If the demise of the buell brings about the developement of a more powerful/faster top end power plant for the XB series[up][up] then so be it. As for beginner bike market being lost, he'll make up for it by giving sport bikers another option on the streets. As much as I love the unique factor of riding a buell I'd love to see more aftermarket for cheaper, and less of the same bike over and over again.

ezblast
09-30-2009, 01:54 AM
With all due respect - Bull****!

samiam901
09-30-2009, 06:20 PM
Did you mean - Buell**** HAHAHHA:D

rodie81
09-30-2009, 10:10 PM
Last I checked it was entirely possible to discontinue a previous-year's-model without insulting the entire owner-base... If you're gonna "Re-Brand" don't belittle those of us who have already pledged our support by dropping the manufacturer suggested $4795 for one of your now-ancient 2009 thumpers.

Bonehead move if you ask me.

kc7zrb
10-10-2009, 06:19 PM
yes bone head move, wonder whats going to take its place.. new bike in progress?

Masta RyRy
10-14-2009, 12:25 AM
So i just bought a buell blast and someone backed into it. Dealing with insurance and stuff for almost a month. the girl that hit it did claim it though. So what exhaust should i go with because i might have some extra cash flow. Also the bike still runs. Only problem is it is at high idle when i start riding it and i dont have to give it any gas to release the clutch lol. got it in may 2004 buell blast p3

faseljd
10-16-2009, 04:58 AM
Well, as a Blast owner I want to welcome all you other Buell owners into our world !

onelogue
10-16-2009, 05:04 AM
Well, as a Blast owner I want to welcome all you other Buell owners into our world !

Yup we are all in the same boat now. [sad]

buellxb
10-16-2009, 04:39 PM
Even HUMMER was purchased from GM and will live on. Why the **** is HD just shutting this down. No buyers? Would you still ride even if the Chinese owned Buell?

1SexyBuell
10-16-2009, 04:48 PM
How Ironic... are we going to start seeing Lightings, Firebolts and such in Crushed Cubes too?? [down]

brightbuell
10-16-2009, 11:55 PM
AAHHHhhhhhhhh! :(:(:(:(:([down]

racepro716
10-17-2009, 12:36 AM
Wow sexy, it's all bad enough but the thought of watching a beautiful white and blue Firebolt like mine getting crushed makes me wanna puke,[sad] Wayne

hula Buell
10-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Sorry its all dead[sad][sad][sad][sad][sad][sad]