PDA

View Full Version : Miss fire and not accelerating properly

derek twist
07-27-2009, 12:27 PM
I bought a brand new XB12Ss about 3 month ago and once it had done 900 miles i let it rev up to 5000 rpm then sthraight back down a few times no more than 4 times (Serious) out of the 4 times on 2 occasions the bike seemed to hold back now at the time i put this down to a fouled spark plug as i had been riding the thing with kitten gloves on so when i took it in to the dealers for its first service i told them they did the service and reset the TPS and the bike was fine for about 30 miles then it started miss firing not ticking over properly and seems to be holding back on acceleration .
The bike is back at the dealership where it has been for 2 weeks and they seem to think it may ( Yes may) be a leaking inlet manifold and it takes 10 days for this part to come from america (they obviosly hav'nt heard of fed ex).
All that i know is that i did'nt buy a new bike to be getting **** like this and they should be bending over backwards to get my bike fixed the bike has only done 1200 miles and god knows how many times it has been in bits now.
P.S. I have always wanted a Buell and waited years to get one now i feel like a fool.:([mad]

onelogue
07-27-2009, 04:57 PM
Wow sorry to hear that man. I'll give you some sympathy cuz thats bad luck right there. My '04 is a champ. No problems what-so-ever!!

only1reds
07-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Yeah sorry to hear that pal. I've never had any problems with my '05 XB9SX other than douche bags out on the road.

LeFox
07-27-2009, 07:38 PM
it takes 10 days for this part to come from america (they obviosly hav'nt heard of fed ex).
where are you from? maybe it's easier to get the part elsewhere?

gbalias
07-30-2009, 07:58 PM
im confused on how they can not know for sure if the intake is leaking.

a dummy could verify that issue.

i say take it to another shop if thats an option.

raz65man
07-31-2009, 08:05 PM
derek, I bought my 09 Ss last October and only had 1600 miles on it when the O2 sensor went bad.Problem started similar to yours but very quickly was unridable. It also took 2 trips to the dealer to figure it out,first time there was no trouble code, just an AF value that was way off.Maybe they got a bad lot of O2 sensors? Got almost 3000 miles now and it hasn't even hiccuped since. Good luck/Ride safe! Razman

derek twist
08-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Yes they fixed that problem and now there's another the exhaust has snapped clean off at the 2 into 1 section .It is back at the dealers.

P.S.Am i just unlucky or is this the norm , maybe i should become a tester for buell LOL.

gbalias
08-09-2009, 01:00 AM
i think youre unlucky. a few people have had header cracks, but i dont think they were that far down the pipe.

liqrnpoker
08-09-2009, 05:40 PM
hey george, this is the same problem i have been discussing about with you. i finally took it to steve's at lvdt. it seems to be a bad sensor or something. i won't find out til monday.

derek twist
08-12-2009, 08:33 PM
And the rear shock is leaking to there gonna change that whilst it is in this is deffo a friday afternoon bike.
P.S. still love the way it handles and performs when it isnt broke think it is just teething trouble LOL.

gbalias
08-13-2009, 01:16 AM
whats the verdict J?

liqrnpoker
08-13-2009, 03:18 AM
still there. he still doesn't quite know . ecm is working properly, tps is perfect, and all that is doing what it's supposed to do, but the bike isn't. just like the scottish guy walking into a bar with a steering wheel in his pants, and the bartender says "hey buddy, you got a steering wheel in your pants!" the scottish guy replies, "yeah, and it's drivin" me nuts!" lol gotta make light of this whole thing cuz it doesn't look good. hate waiting.

gbalias
08-13-2009, 04:16 AM
sent you an email J. ;)

liqrnpoker
08-15-2009, 11:04 PM
Any news on that George? Hope it went well. Bike is still at dynotech and I talked to him today and he said he's waiting for some information on Monday. He's really good at this stuff but this problem has got him dumbfounded. They have had it for over a week now and I hope it's not serious. I just have a weird feeling it's something really stupid. Ill keep you posted.

gbalias
08-16-2009, 12:38 AM
no news yet...still havent sent all my info in.

yea..lemme know. if all else fails, i can take a stab at it.

i need to go over there and see if he'll lemme borrow the dyno. hehe.