PDA

View Full Version : afv values

andrecna
07-29-2009, 09:16 PM
some time ago I placed a topic saying that after a breather mod,new plugs(iridium),tps reset and afv reset my 07 xb12s was awesome..and yes it was for two whole months but today in the morning going to work the bike started the old issues again(bogging,unstable idle,stuttering)and this after a dream ride last weekend 400 km no problems at all..well so at lunch time I hooked the bike to ECMSPY and tps looked fine and afv value was at 89% so I resetted AFV to 100% and did not touch TPS..started the bike..it was perfect again went back to work..no problems at all.My doubt is:AFV values can really f...up the bike like this?And why the value changed to a # that the bike would no longer run right?Is this normal?

GatorBuell
07-29-2009, 10:41 PM
thats weird how the adaptive fuel valve was taking away fuel from the maps buy that much. I wonder if a sensor is on the fritz maybe the the 02 giving the ecm some bad info. Or maybe a intermittent intake leak. 89% means your bike was running rich.

andrecna
07-30-2009, 05:05 PM
Which sensor do you think may be bad ?

gbalias
07-30-2009, 07:56 PM
the 89% was probably good for the cruise area while you were on your ride. maybe you were in a different elevation, etc..

then the 89 doesnt work well for the lower accel area.

youll need to log and remap the fueling to fix this. increasing your min AFV will only cover it up. youll get best performance after you tune it.

andrecna
07-30-2009, 11:24 PM
Gbalias you are probably right the last ride I did the elevation changed a lot(from 1100 meters to zero back to 1100 again)and after this ride the issues returned but after resetting afv value to 100% the bike is fine...so I will need a new map in your opinion?

matter
07-31-2009, 04:24 AM
Develop a good map with ecm spy where your AFV is always within a couple points of 100, then disable the closed loop learn. AFV can't change then.

andrecna
07-31-2009, 02:16 PM
Well Matter don´t know if I have the ability to develop a map...i´m kind of scared of doing it...

gbalias
08-01-2009, 01:46 AM
you dont necessarily need a new map. maybe just fine tune the area thats manipulating the AFV so much. if the rest is running good, you can minimize the ECM adjustment of the AFV by getting as close to 100 as you can under normal riding conditions.

youll need ECMSpy and MLV to do this. and some spare time.

its really not as hard as its been made out to be. for the beginner though, i ONLY recommend adjusting fueling and nothing else. if youre happy with the way ti runs otherwise, leave all enrichments, timing, etc alone.

matter
08-01-2009, 02:34 AM
gbalias knows his way around ECM Spy, you can trust what he says!

Matt

andrecna
08-03-2009, 06:27 PM
i´m happy with the overall performance of the bike ....so g balias can you guide me on how to fine tune this area of the map?what is the MLV?

gbalias
08-05-2009, 01:54 AM
this is MLV:
http://www.ideasandsolutions.biz/MegaLogViewer/

its what takes the info from your datalog, and does the math for you based on your desired fueling.

quick reference: (for setting up a log file)
- be sure you have a 'megalog' folder in ECMspy after installing ECMspy and MLV
- set up bike's ECM for a log*
- start logfile and ride the bike for 15-20 mins in the problem area
- get home, stop log, turn off bike.
- open log file in MLV, load the current map file that the bike was using into MLV...set up MLV for analysis**
- open the VE Analyzer, select afrBins1 or 2 (NOT DefaultAFR)

* in the ECM, youll need to disable the AFV. different ways to do this:

you can disable 02 in the diagnostics section,

disable idle closed loop enable and open loop learn (which should always be off IMO)in the ECM Config section; put a real high value in for "Min TPS and RPM for 02 activate" in the ECM Config section,

some say its not necessary but i disable the open loop corr and make it 100.

**In MLV, you need to be sure you "Load MSQ" of the current map files your bike was using during the log. for the analysis, you need to use veBins2..this is the rear cylinder map. use this because the rear cylinder is where the 02 is.
setting up the analyzer you need to select a minimum coolant temp to filter the values... i use 150 i think. then with the other options, you are able to filter out rpm and tps areas.

select the afrBins1 or 2 for analysis
be sure to select narrowband, unless youre using the LC1, etc.

run the analysis, use that map, copy to the front cylinder and add 2 to it. +4 to 6 points in the idle area if you changed anything there.

do it over until youre not getting much change on that calculations. there will be some variance.

when all done, set 02 midV to .50

set ECM back to factory settings.

thats the short version, neglecting tuning idle, timing, enrichments, and 'accel pump'

hope this helps!

haha ;)

andrecna
08-05-2009, 02:27 PM
uff.I´ll try it today!!thanks a million bro!!

GSXdoubleR88ciNINJA
08-05-2009, 03:04 PM
[up]

gbalias
08-05-2009, 05:58 PM
a couple other points...

if anyone is using a wideband, let me know and ill explain the voltage offsets and how to set that up.

i find it easier to have 2 separate EEPROMS saved during this whole process. (once you get so farmiliar with the interface, youll eventually just remember where everything is) one with the log settings and the other similar to stock (less a couple options). This way, you load up the log eeprom settings, load the last map iteration, then log. after youre happy, you can reload the original prom and update maps.

if i missed something feel free to chime in. i posting from work and doing it by memory as far as where/what everything is.:p