PDA

View Full Version : custom turn signals

zombieBUELLer
07-08-2007, 11:23 PM
I just did my turn signals (front and rear). Got them at a cycle gear. tinycators $35 a set. I think they look a million times better than the stock. I still have to figure out how to wire the relay I bought cause I've got super fast flashers. its a universal fit and only has 2 wires red and black the OEM relay has 3 wires .. I've blown my acc fuse 2 times now.. hmmmm ..

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/568_20070708153812_L.jpg

zombieBUELLer
07-09-2007, 04:58 PM
after doing some research it turns out i didnt need the over priced pos relay i bought at the cycle shop. i have a 99 jeep tj that just so happens to use the exact flasher relay (trico ep-26) that other people on other boards have used with success. i got it at an autozone for 8 bucks a few months ago when the turns on the creep went weird. i didnt need it but i kept it just in case.

so there you have it. new turns that dont flash 500 times a second for under $80.

have a great day. the sun is shining...time for me to ride!

TZippria
07-12-2007, 02:49 AM
Looks great! How hard was it to wire up the relay, I was thinking about getting a set myself? How bright are they?

buellfiend
07-12-2007, 05:06 AM
Same here- i was looking on Sport Twin News (they sell parts also) and they have a relay that slows those things down to prevent epileptic seizures ;) was wondering if your fix worked that way.

zombieBUELLer
07-12-2007, 05:26 AM
they are just as bright as stock... only smaller. and as i said imo look a million times better.

the trico ep-26 relay plugs right into the stock wiring. so no cutting.. no splicing. the relay thats on the other place would work too. i just hate waiting for stuff to ship.

XBear9S
08-12-2007, 10:33 PM
I hated the way the front blinkers stuck out so far.
So, I mounted the extenders on the inside.
That shortened them to look the same as the back ones.
Made me happy and cost nothing.

I have dreams of getting someone to fabricate a couple bull horns.
Want them turned down and forwards.
Want them chromed or fade- black to Buell's "Sunset Orange".
Want the tips clipped to mount red LED's.

Anyone out there able to do this?
I don't call my bike "Pinga" for nuthin'!
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h257/wolfsongchild/Lost%20Souls/72d0.jpg

Robtk!42 a.k.a. "Specialk!"

"You can dream, create, design, and build the most wonderful idea in the world, but it requires people...to make the dream wheelie!"
--Walt "Bueller" Helldisney