PDA

View Full Version : your opinion on the new Buell 1125R

LeFox
07-09-2007, 07:02 PM
video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzkRAbfHI6M)

http://thekneeslider.com/images/b1125r.jpg
http://thekneeslider.com/images/b1125r2.jpg
http://thekneeslider.com/images/b1125rengine.jpg

more info (http://www.buell.com/1125R/1125R.asp?1125RLocale=en_us)

xtremelow
07-10-2007, 01:27 AM
The performance is the only thing I like. The new motor with bigger output is great, but the rest I feel is over done. Way to much to look at in my eyes. The front fairing is ugly, the exhaust is ugly, the scoops are to big. I like the old style and not just cause I have a Firebolt.

Brandon

MrOrange
07-10-2007, 01:46 AM
I'll get use to it, it's alot better than the cyclops of the GSXR that I see running around. The air scoops are a bit extream, but if there needed--I'm one for the odd ball. I dig that bike...[up]

XBear9S
07-10-2007, 01:54 AM
Boy did you say a mouthful!!!

I think I got myself TOO worked up.
There's been more neg comments than pos.
Don't expect to see a bunch of people runnin' out to drop almos' 12k.
Not on this ugly ducking...

As I commented on another site,
I guess they just about HAD to make them scoops that big.
There are radiators up under there that had to be hidden.
But the attempt to make the scoops look like part of the airbox,
it just didn't come off right.

I'm sure someone out there is already workin' on upgrades.
Somone's workin' on an underfairing to come up and finish off the look.
I think that would help a lot.

I am excited about the technology.
The way that this is opening doors for Buell's to go new ways.
Change is always good.
Even if they don't get it right the first time.

Now lets see them get out there and win some races!!!

Robtk!42 a.k.a "SpecialK!"

"You can dream, create, design, and build the most wonderful idea in the world, but it requires people...to make the dream wheelie!"
--Walt Hellbuellsney

buellfiend
07-10-2007, 04:31 AM
Personally, I like the new model more than the FireBolt. The big downside for me is that it utilizes a new engine (at least for the product line) and I would wait a while before leaving a proven engine for something new.

I actually dig the new scoops, although it does take away from the naked bike concept. I'd buy this long before getting a gixxer or cbr.

His_and_Her_Buells
07-10-2007, 12:18 PM
I dig it, all but the scoops, but they may grow on me. I would still like to see that engine in a lightning model, maybe w/o the scoops. Others have done naked with a radiator in the past.

mrdozer2you
07-10-2007, 12:23 PM
Yep, like the Speed Triple

DruAdams
07-10-2007, 01:55 PM
it looks like they cobbled it together to meet a deadline. where the other bikes have sleek fighter plane appearances (firebolt) or the rugged streetfighter look, this just looks unfinished. The scoops for the radiator are way too huge, this thing looks like a Harrier Jump Jet but without the vertical take off capability. Perhaps if the fairing and the scoops were blended it would look better, cant say much about the exhaust, i like the look of my stock firebolt muffler. I do think the mirror/turnsignal is a good idea and might see about buying a pair for my firebolt if i can get them

LeFox
07-10-2007, 02:37 PM
I would wait a while before leaving a proven engine for something new
believe me, the engine is good quality, powerfull and has a nice sound, but I don't know if it has the Buell bottom power...that depends howmuch Buell/rotax could manipulate it to get more torque under 4000rpm. (which is actually the reason why most of us ride buell [smirk])
according to Buell, it should be ok...the graphs i've seen are very smooth without dips.

I would still like to see that engine in a lightning model
like this :p
http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buell/messages/290431/291094.jpg

ajax68
07-10-2007, 05:09 PM
I was wondering why people were comparing it to other jap inline fours. It seems that it was built to compete against the new Duc 1098. Has about the same top HP and TQ but havent seen the graphs on this bike. Is that about right, or am I off my rocker. Comparing a V2 vs a I4 seems a bit off. What is the price difference between the Duc and Buell, is it close to half or so? I think this will be a great bike for the money. But it is definatly different then the buells we know today.

jsg
07-10-2007, 06:47 PM
LeFox I like that look but you forgot the rads lol

NOMORE4s4ME
07-10-2007, 07:52 PM
The ride of a Buell it the whole reason I bought mine...but they have a lot to learn, in my humble opinion, about styling of full bodywork bikes. I was never a huge fan of the XBR bodywork and how those bikes looked....that's why I bought an XBS. No offense meant to those who ride them. To each there own. But even those bikes look like beautiful pieces of art compared to that thing. I'm all for different...but that looks.....I dont even know what that looks like. It looks worse than a Katana....and I thought that would never be possible.

LeFox
07-11-2007, 08:49 AM
buell choses to make their bike, even their races, "open". meaning eric loves the view of the mechanical parts, which is actually part of the charme of a buell.

but the new 1125r was better behind a full fairing like:
http://www.sporttwin.com/uploads/forums/abr1125.jpg
http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buell/messages/290431/291254.jpg

for me personally, i like the hd sound of the buell, but i also like a duc- or rsv-sound.
so aslong as i can keep the steering characteristics and the low-end torque of a buell (xbs), i'm happy.

;)

DruAdams
07-11-2007, 02:05 PM
Le Fox
Great pics, i am guessing photoshop? I kinda like the bottom photo, makes the 1125r look agressive yet still retain the sleek look.

LeFox
07-11-2007, 03:22 PM
i didn't make them, though...a fellow buellrider made them, he has more time on his hands :D

3rd picture is the fairing of the xbrr and the cooling intakes are borrowed from ferrari :p

1st & 3rd is from buellgekk and another i found on the net...

BuellPartsGuy
07-11-2007, 07:22 PM
I love the new model. I cant wait till the books come in and I can start breaking one down.

DruAdams
07-11-2007, 07:47 PM
yeah i noticed the ferrari influence, but it looks really good, but in black it is more remanisant of the F-117 Stealth Fighter, especially with the angular look

XBear9S
07-11-2007, 08:23 PM
I am flabbergasted!!!
How the hell did y'all do that SO FREAKIN' QUICK!!!
Wow!!!:p

Suddenly I'm not so negative!
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u16/georgiaaa_x/ththththhappy.jpg

Love the cleaned up look!
W/O them scoops, it changes everything.
I don't think the first is feasable,
'lesson the radiator's somewhere I can't see it,
but the overall change is OUTSTANDING!
My bud SirChadley (who loves hunter green)'s gonna ****!
Thanx for them pics!!!

Can ya make one like this one???
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p39/hnglikabear/hellbuel.jpg

Robtk!42 a.k.a. "Special K"[up]

"A skittish motor-bike with a touch of blood in it
is better than all the riding animals on Earth..."
--T.E. Lawrence

jgxb9r
07-11-2007, 09:29 PM
all i have to say is i am damn glad that buell finally made a liquid cooled engine to hang with the rice. end of story, the cosmetics can be altered, but i say hell yeah to the 1125r

LeFox
07-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Can ya make one like this one???

don't think anyone can recreate the red devil buell :o

1000rrider
07-12-2007, 06:37 PM
I have a 06 1000rr and I'm looking to get this bike. The only thing I know is it has 146hp :(

But ill def get it.

LeFox
07-13-2007, 08:55 PM
I have a 06 1000rr and I'm looking to get this bike. The only thing I know is it has 146hp

i'm looking for a picture of the power graph, but can't find any...i can't place a flash-graph here [sad]

all i can say is that the the torque is great and almost flat.
but the graph only starts from 4000rpm, so i don't know below that.
but 84lb-ft (111nm) from 4000/4500rpm till redline is not at all bad (to say the least)
and you can easily get more out of that engine...

1000rrider
07-13-2007, 09:49 PM
This is what I wanted to ask someone about, My dad has an 06 z06 corvette and he just changed the cams, headers and a computer it became sooo much more powerfull. Its like a diffrent car now.

Will this bike be like this too? because I will probably put an exhaust, chip and cams in it.

How much power do u you think it will make then?

2Evil4U
07-13-2007, 10:44 PM
Once the aftermarket figures it out, if Buell doesn't offer the speed parts first, I'd figure an easy 10%.

BuellPartsGuy
07-13-2007, 10:44 PM
I am guessing you wont even need to get that far into it to get quite a bit of power out of it. They are speculating that just simple mods like airbox, EFI Tuner, and exhaust will wake this thing up greatly.

azsnow
07-15-2007, 03:39 AM
I will be buying one in about a year, (When I am finished with school) and am glad that Buell finaly has something that will not get eaten by a 600. I am sure that BuellPartsGuy will agree with me on the subject of needing a liquid cooled bike down here in AZ. After sitting in traffic for about 30 min. My bike pings and knocks like you wouldn't believe! Anybody want to buy a 03 XB9R?

BuellPartsGuy
07-15-2007, 04:06 AM
True that, azsnow, true that

LeFox
07-16-2007, 01:05 PM
This is what I wanted to ask someone about, My dad has an 06 z06 corvette and he just changed the cams, headers and a computer it became sooo much more powerfull. Its like a diffrent car now.

Will this bike be like this too? because I will probably put an exhaust, chip and cams in it.

How much power do u you think it will make then?

from experiance with rotax you can see great increase in power...if i was to guess i would say that 170hp is manageable within a decent budget.

XBear9S
10-08-2008, 03:27 AM
http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/688_20081001171209_L.jpg

There is hope...

Robtk! a.k.a. "Special K"

"Buell's new 1125 is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

~ Benjamin Franklinbuelly

FIDOSOL
10-08-2008, 02:50 PM
LOL at all of ya'll. I'm thinking the 1125cr and then some go fast parts when they come out, just to see the look on the gxr/r1/cbr guys faces when I rip past em on a straight road...

Thaloc
10-08-2008, 03:08 PM
I hate the upper cowl. It just kills the whole look of the bike to me. But I LOVE The exhaust, has to be one of the best looking exhausts ever. I seen a photo shopped pic of the 1125 with a Firebolt upper cowl, and photoshopped lower fairings and I honestly think that was the best looking buell I ever seen.
http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Buell-1125R/interested-in-1125r-full-fairing Thanks LeFox!

FIDOSOL
10-08-2008, 03:12 PM
That does look pretty good. I'm not a big fan of the Firebolts. I'm all about being as naked as possible, all the time. But I'd take the 1125/firebolt hybrid thingy over any other rice styled bike out there.

SteveT
11-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Morning all!. I recently had a test ride on a couple of Buells. In had gone into my local Harley/Buell shop to look at a Lightning. I wanted to see if the more upright position would help my aching wrists. The only models that they had for demo were a Ulysses and an 1125r. I rode both and loved it. I'm trying to figure out how to get both in my garage! I must say the 1125r's looks are growing on me. At first I thought the were Butt ugly, but after looking at them more closely I really like them. The pics posted on this site are awesome! I was really impressed with the performance of the 1125R. The shifter was a little bit clumsy feeling, but once I got used to it, it seems to work pretty well. I didn't really get to try any clutchless shifts though. I really didn't notice any major heat issues. It was a little cool but not cold that day.The ergonomics were much better than my Duc. I also ride a softtail too which is very comfortable but SLOW!!! As soon as I can sell the softtail I think I'm going to head on over to the Buell dealership. What kind of long term issues are you guys experiencing? THanks. Ride safe.

XBear9S
11-21-2008, 10:28 PM
They've got all the '08 1125R left-over's goin' for $9999 @ Central Texas Harley Davidson here in Austin, Texas. :)

Be the envy of all yer Bueller friends!

Robtk! a.k.a "Special K"

"It's a friggin' Buell, it's not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe.
The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears,
the seat should be hard
and riding it should make you $hit your pants every now and then.
It's a fricking motorcycle, suck it up!"

--Scary MC, ADV Rider

fandango
02-20-2009, 08:23 AM
I took out the 1125R a couple days ago,it was in the 80`s.This is my concern about the 1125 It was so hot,my legs and my butt was scorching.It was a hot humid day for sure,but my xb12 felt more comfy than the 1125.Another thing is you have to keep up the rpm because under 4000 just not right.Over 4000 this is a rocket launcher.Blink of an eye an you going 100.

veeemdoubleu
04-28-2009, 02:58 AM
Love my firebolt, 1125R is fugly, the duc 1098 is damn near perfect in design. one word SEXYYYY :D

horseplay
05-22-2009, 08:39 AM
I was convinced the 1125R was ugly...the CR I liked a little more. Until I saw one the other day slightly modded. Bar ends...windscreen...fender delete and maybe some other things I couldnt pick out. VERY VERY sweet looking bike. Little appearance things in this bike make a BIG difference