PDA

View Full Version : Buell Homecoming

Santa
07-10-2007, 11:00 PM
I have gone a many anniversary related events, usually including a tour of the facility. I read a notice on the local dealer site about a group ride to the factory about 15 miles away. so , I show up, and about 20 people there, (Hal's H-D is really good at rides etc) so we all blaze over to East Troy. Once there, the smiling lady at the tent asked for $35.00, I said, for walking around the building for an hour or so, you want that much? I got the same glassy stare I usually get from service dept. people. I've been through lots of tours of lots of places, tho no one has ever asked for money, much less that much money. What do you folks think?

His_and_Her_Buells
07-10-2007, 11:41 PM
Well if all you had time to do was walk around for an hour or so than yes $35 is outrages. But the $35 charge was for all three days which included all day at the factory on friday including pretty much an all you can eat lunch and an autograph session with Eric (having Eric sign my Lightning was worth the $35)and a couple of technical seminars. Also included was free entrance into the races at Road America for Saturday and Sunday. We had a blast and plan on going back every year and make a weekend of it. Hope youa can make a weekend of it next year, it's well worth the money.