PDA

View Full Version : Start up stumble

dong
07-11-2007, 05:15 PM
With my first one or two turns after I first fire up the bike ('07 model manufactured after the bank angle sensor recall date) I have what seems to a misfire when I come to a stop & then open the throttle making a turn at an intersection (in 1st gear). It's just kinda a hiccup & then it catches. Anybody else experiencing anything like this? If so, any solutions/suggestions? other than

TZippria
07-11-2007, 08:18 PM
Yeah same here. I think you just have to get used to it, they don't like to be babied.

Darkwulfe
07-11-2007, 10:22 PM
The engine does not like to be cold. Let it warm up for a minute before taking off and it should fix the problem. Also don't sit there and rev the engine like "all" Harley owners seem to do at stop lights or stop signs and when first starting the engine. Reving the engine puts air pockets in the the engine. They have to come out at some point and when they do they come out as those hiccups. When they occur you lose all power. You don't want to be manuevering when it occurs. Reving the engine or taking off when it is still cold are the two biggest causes of those "hiccups". Resist the urge to rev your engine!

XB12X Rider
08-11-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm starting to get that "hiccup" on my Uly too. I can ride it for 45 minutes and come to a stop and start off and it pops i the air box. Seems to do this more when the engine is hot. Any suggestions?

Lands End
05-21-2008, 09:59 PM
I had this problem too, solved and spreading the word:

TPS (http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Buell-Ulysses-XB12x/Off-Idle-Stutter)