07-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Update your profiles

Seems like there's a lotta great XB input,
from peoples who know there stuff,
and ain't afraid to share,
but the profiles are non-descript.

If that's how ya roll,
well, whatcha gonna do...

I'm just sayin' it'd be nice to know who you are.
Don't be shy now.
We ain't here to p/u on noone.
Just drop in a pic and where yer from, age, bikes etc.

Thanx,
Robtk!42 a.k.a. "Special K!"

"PhotoBuellism, as a powerful medium of expression and communications,
offers an infinite variety of perception, interpretation and execution."
--Ans2el Adams2

midlifecrisis
07-11-2007, 10:33 PM
Central Jersey. 2006 XB12R, Black. 40 years old, married w/ seven children (Thank G-d). Work a 60 hour week and still average ~160 miles per week. Ex Harley guy with more than 45K miles in the saddle. Was gonna buy a bagger but as my 'name' (midlifecrisis) suggests I bought a Buell and LOVE it.

MPea3
07-12-2007, 12:48 AM
Atlanta, GA. I'm not a Buell rider, but spend my time on a BMW K1200S. Call it an old man's sportbike. My best buddy and riding partner is Beth who has a blue XB12Scg. We both ride about 2000 miles a month both commuting and traveling. I've never even tried to ride her bike though, my knees would be under my chin.

buellxb
07-12-2007, 02:05 AM
Carmel, Indiana. I ran across the Buell.com website one day and decided I had to have one of these beasts. A few months of convincing the wife and I had myself a 2005 Buell XB12Scg. Next thing I knew I was obsessed with the power and attitude and decided to build Buellxb.com.

Thanks to some suggestions from members including XBear9S this site is going to keep growing and get a lot of sweet upgrades as I find the time. I would also be interested to see more people fill out their profiles. Just go to the 'My Preferences' link at the top of the page once you're logged in an fill in all the fields.

buellfiend
07-12-2007, 05:03 AM
Austin, TX. I've wanted a bike since I was in high school, when all my best friends had Honda Interceptors of various displacements. I was recently divorced and had to sell my home, but made a bundle on it... so I decided that this is the "Summer of Joel" and I was going to have a lot of fun. Ive decided to walk out of disaster stronger, better and happier.

Divorce sucks but it did give me the opportunity to rebuild and remodel my life, and I am indeed having a lot of fun. The Buell I'm getting (tomorrow according to the dealership) is one of those components that will help me to do this, and I'm going to ride the **** out of that thing (carefully, of course).

So welcome to the summer of Joel, and make it your own also. Next time you go out, feel free to raise a glass (I prefer Maker's Mark) to the summer of Joel. This summer will the best ever... for all of us!!

/Joel

LeFox
07-12-2007, 10:01 AM
thisisme (http://www.buellxb.com/index.php?a=member&m=627) ;)

Das Bolt
07-13-2007, 03:52 AM
Dracut,MA. 03 XB9R mostly stock,for now.Seems like I'm not happy unless I'm trying to make it quicker,lighter ect.As for me personaly 38,electrician,not realy much to tell,I grew up working on old cars and dirt bikes,so I guess the buell is just the latest in the never ending line.That's all I guess,any questions feel free to ask.

mrdozer2you
07-14-2007, 01:23 PM
Detroit, Michigan. Home of possibly the worst roads in the country. A few twisties out by the lakes that are pretty fun and loads of other bikes. (why not more Buells? I dont know) As for myself, I'm 27, married with no children, yet. I ride an 06 XB12Ss that is F-ing awesome. It's got a Jardine slip, bar ends, and hose re-route. Will be getting a better seat, and chopping the plate bracket along with some CF this winter ( time and $$$ permitting ) I own a retail/commercial paint store that I started about 2 years ago, so far its doing pretty well. If any of you fellow Buellers needs anything for a home project feel free to ask, I can ship anywhere in the US other than California. ( Dam Hippies ) and will always answer questions. I can also talk to local Benjamin Moore dealers in your area and get special pricing for you if you would rather pick it up locally .

MrOrange
07-14-2007, 07:04 PM
Choctaw, OK. I think that Oklahoma got the worst roads beat, if not tied. I am 36, married with 2 boys. I am on active duty Air Force as a electrical spec and am on the road a lot. I have a 03 XB9s that has the air box mod, Jardine RT one CF exhaust, and the race ECM. I usually will ride in any weather and hang out with the local British bike crowd for lack of any Buell riders in the OKC area.

XBear9S
07-15-2007, 03:27 AM
Vain! Ain't we!!!:D

Austin, Tx (sorta). We have the best roads in the whole damned country. 335, 336, 337 aka the "Three Sisters", are just a few to name. And if ya don't believe me, come on down here and I'll introduce ya to them. Centeral Texas is where its at. It took forever for people to find us, but they have I'm afraid. The greatest roads in all of Texas and what I suggest may be the greatest in all of the US, lie between and just west of Austin and SanAntonio. Roads that were ment to be for Buellin'.

My names Robert Kinslow, my friends call me "SpecialK!". My bike I call "Pinga". She's my little devil. She's an all but stock '03 XB9S Lightning who started life off yellow. I added the CityX hand guards for the winter mainly, and the grill for the hell of it. Switched the front wheel out for Sunset Orange and the back for Villain Black, the result of which is the constant question, "Why not both red". To which I reply, "Because that's what YOU would do." Plan on changin' out the exhause for a D&D here shortly and custom paint's just around the corner. Was thinkin' 'bout addin' horns where the turn signals are. HaHaHaHa............ No. I'm serious!

I actually live in Briarcliff (Spicewood), Texas, just 32 miles North and West of Austin. I'm livin' just 5 blocks off Lake Travis and just a quarter mile down the road from Willie Nelson, who used to own the land I'm on and the neighborhood that surounds me. And after 11 years here, I'm the only f*%ker who will ain't met him!!! (But I'm not bitter...) I have been up to "Luck, Tx", his ranch. They say, "If you ain't in Luck, yer just plain outta Luck".

I've worked @ the local Home Depot for the last 5 years. I'm currently the Contractor Services Manger (or Prodesk Supervisor). Home Depot's been good to me, but I hate workin' there. I've made a livin' as an artist and a gourmet cook. Bartended for some 9 years and managed convenience stores for 7. Got three businesses I want to start. May get around to that some day.

If you've checked out my profile, ya know I'm a card carryin' member of the Centeral Texas Hellbullies and there's a link there for you to check out. Also set up my email link and a link to my myspace site which is sorta a cross dedication to my love of all things Central Texas, all things Buell, and all things Dutch Carribean.

Why Dutch Carribean. I own property in Phillipsburg, SintMaarten NA. This is a Dutch/French Island in the Netherland Antilles. I have a vacation property as well as a 41' catamaran there. Who wants to go sailin'???

I'm an functioning ADHD, with manic depressive tendencies that have driven me to seek out anything that can stimulate my brain into releasing them chemicals that keep me smilin' (sound familiar). As an artist, I've yet to find my medium. As a traveler I've yet to fill my curiosity about the world. Faster, higher, stronger, till I just can't take it no more, and then I collapse into a comatose state till my batteries recharge and I'm good to go again. Keep up if you can!

Oh yeah, I'm queer.

What? Afraid of a sissy? Dude, I'm taken, its ok. Really. My bud Gary's got a CBR919 that I like to borrow every now and then. He's been lookin' @ a TT lately. Just may become an official Hellbuelly yet.

Yes I like musicals. No I'm not swishy. Yes I have great fashion sense. Yes I'm a karaoke god! (Oh! Never mind...) Never been married. No kids. Have/had thought about it, but glad I stayed true to who & what I am. I don't apologize to nobody for it, and it seems the people who know me don't really give a flyin' sh*t. So why should you?

Ifin' yer ever in Texas, look me up. Bring that bike with ya. We got a freakin' lot of ridin' to do on a freakin' lot of roads to do it on. Hell, I've racked up 33k in just a little over 3 years. I'll hook you up big time!

Robtk!42 a.k.a "SpecialK!'