PDA

View Full Version : Poor Throttle Response

t_edinger
07-12-2007, 02:42 AM
My two week old 2007 XB12Scg's throttle response from a start is sketchy, making slow turns dicey. Every once in a while when I go to grab some throttle, nothing there. It also dies on occasion when I come off the throttle and pull in the clutch coming to a stop without engine braking. Anyone else have/solve this problem?

It's going to the shop on Saturday because the speedometer has malfunctioned; if they provide any valuable feedback I'll advise.

LeFox
07-12-2007, 09:41 AM
maybe you gassed it up with dirty fuel, or there's a restriction somwhere in the fuelline?[confused]

MPea3
07-12-2007, 08:08 PM
Tell them and ask for them to comp you a TPS reset. When Beth put on her Drummer pipe, the throttle response went to hell. She went over to Earl Small's HD in Marietta GA and asked for a reset, fully expecting to pay for it, and they did it for her at no charge, figuring that new a bike shouldn't have needed it.

woodardj84
07-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Definately needs to have the tps reset. Had the same problem with my firebolt 12. Fine now

t_edinger
07-13-2007, 03:23 AM
Thanks much for the feedback! I'll ask the dealer for a reset and tell them to look for a restriction......

Appreciate your time.

Toby

t_edinger
07-15-2007, 11:54 PM
New Question! I took the bike to California Harley Davidson, in Lomita, California. After I did all of the paperwork (an hour), the service writer responds to a question with "I dunno, we don't do may Buells".

Is there a knowledgeable dealer in the Los Angeles area?

t_edinger
07-25-2007, 02:11 AM
The dealer told me today, the problems were a result of the speedometer. "They" say it sends the speed info to the mapping program and is "probably" the problem. Seems backassward to me, I would think they would take the output of the sensor directly.

Any thoughts?

LeFox
07-25-2007, 06:40 PM
ecm doesn't need the speed info, it needs to know howmuch air is getting in to know how much fuel in needs to add.

would look for another dealer, but since i'm not from the u.s. i can't help you there.

Jon
07-31-2007, 03:38 AM
what is a tps test i have a 01 buell with just under 3000 mile and it has a pipe on it and it sometimes kills when stoping without engine breaking and ive had a couple problems with the fuell pump...any suggestions??????????

JSW07
08-02-2007, 06:54 AM
TPS = Throttle Positioning Sensor these things are reset on every service at a Buell dealer, it should be on their check list. I had mine done at 1600 k then I went down to the west coast, the throttle and idle went all funny (even stalled out like Jon said) so I went to a Buell dealer and they said the TPS needed reseting again...no big deal, these bikes do that on occasion!

bluelightning
03-19-2010, 03:13 PM
Does anyone know how to do a TPS reset? or is that a dealer must do... Cause Im broke and have to do all the work myself. But I took my bike out from winter storage and it is actin all funny. I drained the fuel, and replaced. same with oil. But when I grab the throttle, it kinda chokes, and takes a bit to rev up... whether at idle or riding. When taking off, I have to rev it way higher than usual to get going... any thoughts?

MAGIC
03-19-2010, 03:35 PM
Does anyone know how to do a TPS reset? or is that a dealer must do... Cause Im broke and have to do all the work myself. But I took my bike out from winter storage and it is actin all funny. I drained the fuel, and replaced. same with oil. But when I grab the throttle, it kinda chokes, and takes a bit to rev up... whether at idle or riding. When taking off, I have to rev it way higher than usual to get going... any thoughts?

You can do TPS reset using ecmspy software and a cable on your own with your PC or PALM. Additionally there is so many things you can use ECMSPY for like change/tune your fuel map etc. Good luck.

ECMSPY (http://www.adampascoe.com/ECMSpy.html)

ECMSPY Cables (http://xoptiinside.com/buell_store)

bluelightning
03-19-2010, 04:14 PM
Thanks MAGIC, I actually found a walkthrough for the 08+ models, which seems like it may or may not work. I will try it and re post. I think im gonna take a vid if it does not, and post it so my fellow Buell riders can help me out...

http://www.technoresearch.com/Manuals/Buell-TPS_Reset(Direct-Link).pdf