PDA

View Full Version : Stator?

ericcogdell
08-11-2009, 05:02 PM
I tested my stator and it is only putting out 6 volts so I need to replace it. Does anyone have direction on how to do it?

Stevenc150
08-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Check out the "Buell Service Manuals" link at the top of this page. Download/Save to your computer and your golden. Might not match year/model exact, but will be close enough. [up]

Thaloc
08-11-2009, 07:06 PM
lol i asked the same question when my stator went out. Its a BITCH on the XB's even if u have the tools. take her to a shop.

Fock347
08-12-2009, 09:10 AM
all you need is a volt meter. i tested mine when i put on a new voltage regulator.

ericcogdell
08-29-2009, 02:06 PM
I tested the stator on the correct plug and it was putting out the right charge. The bike was charging every time I tested but the thing kept killing the battery when riding. Took it to the dealership in KS and they diagnosed it to be the stator and voltage regulator. I have ridden 400 miles now and no issues except for the hard starting issues that I have always had. I hit the starter and nothing and I have to hit the button at least 2 times to get it to turn over. I have had the battery checked. Any guess why the bike is so hard to turn over on starts?