PDA

View Full Version : New Ulysses comfort kit!

ctmallam
08-14-2009, 04:40 AM
Any reviews yet with the reprogrammed ECM and comfort kit?

Ulysses comfort kit (http://www.buell.com/en_us/gear/accessories/product.asp?Menu_ID=2&ProductLineID=6&CategoryID=3&ProductID=10029)

http://www.buell.com/_media/images/gear/products/accessories/M1907.1AK_large.jpg

fireman_cfd
08-20-2009, 07:13 PM
I just installed the comfort kit. It is a lil more cool on the backside and legs. I also added a Daytona Twin Tech FI controller to help w/ the high flow air filter and Special Ops exhaust. Bike has been running lean since improving airflow. Not sure about messing w/ '08 Uly's ECM. XBs, Harley baggers, and V-rod all use the same DDFI. W/ all the reading we did, we felt the Twin Tech module was the way to go w/ the newer bikes. Very easy to install and adjust, plus the price was right too.

typhoon
08-22-2009, 05:10 PM
Well I got the kit too and the front heat shield is a pain to put in, but it did help with the heat on the seat, etc. for sure. Don't know how the rear shock is going to like all that heat now. Just wish they had done something for the rear head under the air box cover to get rid of that heat to the top of the front seat.

DrWho
10-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Anybody out there installed a Remus Powerizer on their Uly? I have an '08 and have added K&N, Drummer and, right side scoop. I want to smooth the idle and help with surge issues at low rpm.
Any other ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, Jim

dave_xb12r
10-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Hey Jim, have you added done the breather reroute? that might fix your surge issues at low rpm.

slywoman
11-07-2009, 11:19 PM
New UlyXP owner - wanting to install the comfort kit here rather than cut off arm&leg to take it to dealer.

I see some have done this...... can you make suggestions or do you have a link with screenshots or photos? (Yep, have the instruction sheet, but want a bit more guidelines, especially concerning the battery/ECM.) I've looked through the DIY and new rider links (thanks - great info), but just didn't see it.

HELP????

Thanks in advance,

SLY

Dragonslayer
11-07-2009, 11:31 PM
I had the comfort kit installed on my '08 XT. No heat on my right leg. What's strange now is that the fan only comes on while the bike is moving. When I come to a stop the fan cuts off. It also doesn't come on at all when I turn the bike off after a long ride.

slywoman
11-08-2009, 11:16 PM
I had the comfort kit installed on my '08 XT.

You took it in....? How much did it cost to get it done? I'm trying to do most of the work myself (yes, a GIRL doing it.... okay with supervision and instruction) , but I want to know my own bike. BUT the battery and ECM are under the seat. The rh side scoop looks fairly simple. [smirk]

I'm looking for tips and screenshots if anyone has done it or has a link.

m109r67
03-09-2011, 03:16 PM
I put mine on myself..It is a little time cosuming but not bad you can do it.

Ulysses XB12X
06-19-2011, 12:54 PM
I'm thinking of using a black exhaust wrap kit. I also bought some reflective exhaust tape for inside the frame next to the heads. Any notes, cautions or warnings would be appreciated...I'm not well read on this yet.

steve92106
06-29-2011, 12:55 PM
Not to change direction on you or the original poster but what is the purpose of the wrap? I mean, I know it's part of a certain "look" but what was it originally SUPPOSED to do?

2004xb12s
06-29-2011, 12:58 PM
what was it originally SUPPOSED to do?

Exhaust wrap is meant to protect the pipes and keep heat off of your legs.

DaveB17UK
06-29-2011, 01:35 PM
I fitted exhaust wrap to my 08 Ulysses, then fitted a Free Spirits RH air scoop. I did not notice the bottom edge of the scoop was just touching the exhaust wrap. After taking a 10 minute ride, the scoop had a hole burnt through it. Warning for others, make sure the scoop does not touch the wrap!

danair
07-09-2011, 08:06 AM
Installed comfort kit. Seat was hotter than before. Used aluminum tape to seal the gap between the new shroud and shock cover. Big diff. The airflow kit helps also.

tshattuck
08-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Has anybody installed a vibranator kit into handlebars to stop vibes? My 59 yr old mechanic hand could stand less numbing

peelandwin
08-08-2011, 09:12 PM
I put these on my Uly and they made a huge difference.

http://www.hvmp.com/universal.htm

Absolutely made the bike smoother and reduced hand numbness almost 100%. I also use a Throttle Rocker so I don't have to grip as tightly.

kd4gru
06-26-2012, 01:02 AM
Want to wrap pipes.Does 1" or 2" work best.Also how much(long)wrap do I need? 25ft or what?

Jimboni
07-25-2012, 07:17 PM
I decided to try a cheap out version of the comfort kit. I used drag racing heat barrier (summit / jegs) under the seat. Added an exhaust heat shield from a Sportster that the local HD shop let me have (had to trim it a little) and snugged it up between the frame and pipe.

I have temporarily made a blanket out of a car sun shade to fill the gap between the frame, cover, and rear cylinder. Will buy a proper one from Odi soon.
Undecided on the right scoop, as it seems unnecessary at this point. The Sporty pipe shield made the biggest difference for me.

All works well and I don't see the need for the full kit.