PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with any input

landinr
08-15-2009, 02:01 PM
Ok so heres the deal...bike went in to Shop on June 9th still hasnt been fixed every time i call they say they are still waiting on parts...When i originally dropped off the bike they said it would take 6 to 8 weeks...Cool right well i was scheduled to move (military) from Nc to Ny at the beginning of August and i figured the bike would be finished by then ya didnt happen...so now im stuck on trying to find a way to get it to Ny...didnt want to have to take anymore leave days so now im looking into having it shipped...anyone have any suggestions or ideas for me?

50dro
08-15-2009, 03:46 PM
www.uship.com

I tried that out when I was interested in shipping a Buell from FL to Pittsburgh. You tell them what you're shipping and shipping companies give you quotes. Uship seemed pretty cool but I never ended up getting the bike...I found mine locally... Good luck & Thanks for your service!!

Thaloc
08-15-2009, 03:57 PM
Prolly cost a bit to ship. Have you thought of renting a Uhaul and doing it yourself? Prolly save an assload.

landinr
08-15-2009, 04:19 PM
i have a truck so i could move it myself...thing is i really didnt want to use up anymore of my leave days...it would cost me myself about 300 thats round trip gas cost...so if i can find a company or someone that is traveling the area that would be a little better

TooFst
08-15-2009, 04:37 PM
Kick your feet enough and I bet you could get them to ship it. Im in the industry and we have done more expensive things then that for a guest. Squeeky wheel gets the greese!

samiam901
08-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Talk to the manager of the repair shop and explain the fact they have had your bike for over two months now and see if they will ship it for you.

Stevenc150
08-16-2009, 03:26 AM
Any shop that doesn't support our military enough to help them out is just disgraceful. [down] Make some noise like Toofst said.

taildraggin
08-16-2009, 04:13 AM
Most quotes I see to ship run around $500.

samiam901
08-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Any shop that doesn't support our military enough to help them out is just disgraceful

Right on man

landinr
08-17-2009, 08:26 PM
Ok so here is an update...Have called about 3 times and spoke with the service manager and location manager and they are refusing to help me out and ship the bike my way...looks like im going to have to suck it up and either take some leave days to drive down or pay a shipping company either way its gonna hurt...AAAAAAAAhhhhh this sucks...getting the big green weenie from the civilians too...gotta love it

landinr
08-17-2009, 08:28 PM
New River Harley Davidson in Jacksonville, Nc is on the Officially on Black List

Stevenc150
08-18-2009, 02:52 AM
Hate to hear that bro. These guys seem to come highly recommended and cheaper than most: JC Motorcycle Transport (http://www.motorcycleshippers.com/)

[down] to New River Harley Davidson.

RT Performance
08-18-2009, 01:15 PM
check u ship there poeple might be dead heading back somtimes you can get a great deal.
i have a couple customers that use it

RT Performance
08-18-2009, 01:17 PM
is this a 1125? under warrenty?
I would so be ringing buell aka harely phone.
they should be shipping what takes that long to fix?

CW2Ret
08-18-2009, 01:31 PM
From 1 Military brother to another, I personally bring to the table an enormous amount of knowledge pertaining to the shipping industry.

Visit http://www.stopillegaltrucking.com to get all kinds of great information from other Vets as well. It's 100% free and NO registration to view our forum postings that you can't afford to miss if you're ever going to ship anything!

JC Motorcycle Transport is a Broker that has less than a flawless reputation. If you need unbias proof I can copy/paste the proof from another location on the web.

Want to use UShip.Com? Think again!!! You get exactly what you pay for. Shipper beware!

For the full story concerning UShip, Google UShip or UShip Scams.

Visit http://www,stopillegaltrucking.com as well. There, you will find the meat and potatoes (facts) about UShip and why it may be cheaper in the beginning and cost you more than you ever dreamed of, in the end.

Could it be that since a MOVER'S Federally mandated credentials aren't verified by the web site itself that1000's of people post ficticious information on their respective profiles in order to win bids?

No overhead equals less cost to the Shipper. Shippers don't have a clue on how to check out a Carrier to see if they are dealing with a legitimate Carrier/business.

So you thought that that pickup truck driving Carrier was a legal business, think again! Even pickups when used in a For-Hire capacity across state lines are required to follow the same rules as semi's!

Still want to use that CHEAP price you were quoted and can ultimately accept? Go ahead and let something go wrong. You'll have NO recourse. Because it's strictly a civil matter and UShip will NOT come to your rescue. They declare themselves a NEUTRAL VENUE.

UShip simply pockets the full amount of the initial deposit that you make when you accept a bid. It creatively worded in the User Agreement to make you think otherwise.

Visit http://www.StopIllegalTrucking.Com
for free assistance and some of the comments made by victims of UShip. New information gets posted often, so check back frequently.

Check out the Mug Shots of convicts, police reports, the FBI investigations both past and present. It's all listed on Stop Illegal Trucking for your convience and in support of their cause of trying to educate the public. The best part is, it really is FREE and there are absolutely NO catches of any sort. It doesn't get any better than that!

How often do you find a group of people willing to help you research your prospective Carrier(s) before you enter into any agreement? They even provide you the black and white proof and/or the links to the information from the Government’s own Federal and/or State web site!

Use UShip at your own risk. The User Agreement clearly states that the Carriers are NOT screened. Anyone can sign up and take you for a ride.

By the way, I am NOT a competitor of UShip, a Carrier or even in the moving business. I'm simply an average citizen that is attempting to help my fellow Americans help themselves.

landinr
08-22-2009, 12:43 PM
Finally got my bike back today...the shipping service that i used was awesome I95Transporter guys name is Jim. Anyways back to the bike...ya it came back to me looking about the same as when i turned it over to the dealership...they replaced all the plastics but left it dirty as the day i took it in...theres still mud in places from the accident...what kind of service is that...Just adds to the list of ****ty service i received from New River Harley in Jacksonville...all and all im happy to get my baby back but really upset with how i was treated by the shop.[down]