PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Seat?

slamkags
08-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Is the seat on the 06' any more comfortable then newer models for someone who is 6'5'', I am having trouble with by bum after about 15 miles.

typhoon
08-22-2009, 04:01 PM
Don't know what to tell you, but it taller and away from the heat more, which should help. I have an 07 and I cut some of the side ridges off the front and rear for my gal and that helped allot for those areas. But it still gets sore, but not in such a small area. I still am going to try to shape it some. I also got the ne Comfort kit for my bike and that helps keep the heat down allot, but they still need something under the air box are to cool that part of the seat. I think some of the problem is the material of the seat too that it just keeps in the heat, etc. If this doesn't work some for me I'm going to get the Corbin seat.

wbedient
08-30-2009, 12:46 AM
my 06 uly has the stock seat and the insides of my upper legs hurt after about 80 miles. there is more leg room, and less heat than the low seat. I put the low gel seat on with the comfort kit and you can feel more heat through the low seat than the stock 06. I haven't taken a long ride with the low seat yet to compare comfort.

mcminnow
09-21-2009, 08:41 PM
Stock '06 seat is a little taller, a little wider and it's more comfortable. Allows you to move around into different positions on long, boring travels. I think it's better for aggressive riding also. It's easier to move your bum & upper thighs from side to side. I'm on my second '06 Uly X. Bought both out of state and traveled 1500-2500 on my way home. The lower seat allows more frying of the right thigh and sort of pushes your crotch into the tank. It is lower though. The damn thing's still tall with either one. Stock '06 should be cheap and easy to find since everyone thinks it's too tall.

McMinnow

PigFe
10-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Buell now sells a right side air scoop as a rider's comfort kit. XB12X kit also has an upper shock cover as part of the kit. Really cools the under seat. My engine temp cooled by about 30deg C. $120 list +/-. The tall seat gives 6 footers and taller more leg room. A big need for some kind of highway pegs!