PDA

View Full Version : Special Ops pipe...Like new

B6S4
08-19-2009, 08:37 PM
I have a almost brand new Special ops muffler for sale. I had the muffler on my bike for about 50 miles. The combination of this muffler and my helmet resulted in a slight drone which was slightly too loud for my tastes. I had this pipe custom made for me by Odie, it took over a month to get. This is a XB9 muffler with dual tips like the XB12 mufflers. Essentially a Special Ops XB12 muffler without the valve. Asking $350 OBO or trade for a Buell select seat + cash :)

Muffler has some water spots in the pic, but they should clean up with some soap and water.

Edit: removed dead flicker links

ADAMLEE
08-19-2009, 08:52 PM
That pipe looks like crap, not that it's abused. But the welds are sloopy and it looks rough all around. How was the preformance?

Hope you sell it!

B6S4
08-19-2009, 09:04 PM
Thanks.................Its how I recieved it from Special Ops

Performance was great, just a little loud for me

theoctopus
08-20-2009, 03:50 AM
Hahah, I love how people always feel the need to chime in with what is totally wrong with a for sale ad, and then follow it up with "Good luck!"

Some people make me laugh.

Doesn't really matter how it looks, so long as it doesn't fall apart and it does what it's supposed to do. Most of the welds on that pipe are going to be hidden after mounting it anyway.

dave_xb12r
08-20-2009, 04:06 AM
It's nice that it's a 9 pipe. It's at least 6 lbs lighter than a 12 pipe

JOEL9
08-20-2009, 05:10 AM
yea thats pretty ****ty comming from a colonel[down] B6S4, i really hope you sell it, every thing i've heard about special ops is good[up]

DWix1
01-25-2010, 03:55 PM
I work for a Lieutenant Colonel in real life that is a total numbnutz...just saying.

Do all the aftermarket pipes need the race ECM and all that other jazz? Or is there a can you can install no fuss/no muss?

BlackandChrome
02-08-2010, 03:51 AM
Woops, I just sent a pm about the pipe but didn't realize the original posting date. I'm interested if its still available.