PDA

View Full Version : X1 Loosing Power and stuttering!

KJMAN1
08-20-2009, 09:42 AM
Hi there, am new to this forum, have a 2002 X1. For the last few weeks I have had a few problems with it. Once I go around sharp corners or go over a few speed ramps it seems to loose power and the engine almost dies, I have to increase the revs to a high level and eventually it will get going again. Am getting the manual but any help would be appreciated before I go at it!
Thanks
John

LeFox
08-20-2009, 11:02 AM
got a carb or still have the injection?

the stuttering is it slightly or 1 big stutter with like a cough in the intake?

KJMAN1
08-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Still Injection and they are like coughs! They could last for ten, twenty seconds! When I open it up it stutters, change down a gear and eventually it sorts it self out.

LeFox
08-20-2009, 01:41 PM
how long has it been since last service and reset?

try spraying some brake cleaner on the intake, if your rpm changes (shortly), you have a leaky inlet.

KJMAN1
08-26-2009, 12:24 PM
Hi Lefox, thanks for that. Will give that a go. Just recieved the manual and will give it a thorough service as well. It is due its 10000 mile service now.

KJMAN1
08-30-2009, 11:36 AM
Hi Lefox,
I had a quick look at the air filter earlier and it seemed ok, I will be changing it once i get the replacement but what I did notice was when I took off the outer cover there was quite a bit of oil and grit in the intake. Can you advise?