PDA

View Full Version : Alarm System?

landinr
08-26-2009, 11:19 AM
Has anyone installed an alarm system? I live in an area where bike theft has had a recent spike. There have been 9 bikes stolen from the community in the past year. I ordered a Gorilla alarm and was wondering if anyone has any tips as far as installation or placement on the bike?

landinr
08-26-2009, 04:51 PM
No one with any input?
[confused]

Thunderstorm
08-26-2009, 07:49 PM
I got mine from ebay, its called spy 2 way alarm, i know Lo-jack is best but too expensive to install by dealer.. took me 5 hrs to install, not easy task, mostly under seat, antenna goes under by air cover, removed tool bag to place module, its pretty tight space, i parked my bike in parking lot at my work, used cable lock around swing arm to steel post, covered and armed, best to park away from public view and park in garage at night, carry 44mag if you have to..

Stevenc150
08-26-2009, 08:22 PM
Post up how you like the Gorilla once installed. For others, here's a good thread: Motorcycle Alarms (http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Buell-Firebolt-XB12-XB9/UN-FNG-BELIEVABLE)

TooFst
08-26-2009, 09:49 PM
Wish I could help. Ive been thinking about 1 for mine also. Any one with any input would be awesome.

landinr
08-29-2009, 01:33 AM
so i installed the gorilla alarm about 3 days ago...it was really simple and fit very nicely below the seat...i will get some pics up hopefully tomorrow

shoeshineboy
09-02-2009, 04:36 AM
Xena makes a disc brake lock with a built-in alarm which would help too and could also look into a lever lock. Also, if you don't already have a good cover pick one up off ebay and get a long shank lock to run through the grommets on the bottom. The more trouble they have to go through the less likely it will be that your bike is targeted.