PDA

View Full Version : Intake leak fixed, now need stock eeprom to compare

nickk262
08-26-2009, 04:10 PM
Just got my son a 2003 xb9r and it fired right up but then was running terrible on throttle input. Got cable and ecmspy, reset tps, checked for codes(none), everything seems okay. Ran it to temp but still has issues. Finally checked to see if intake was leaking. BAM! Guy I got it from said dealer told him it ws tps adjustment. WRONG. Fixed that. Then I get story that he took it to dealer in MS and they said it would be $1200.00 to repair. I replaced in 3 hours. Now I would like to find a copy of OEM eeprom so I can compare to make sure that something else is not wrong with bike. I build harleys and autos ao I have experience, this is my first fuel injected bike. Building a S&S 124" injected motor for custom bagger so I need the experience here anyway. Any help appreciated.
Nick

Stevenc150
08-26-2009, 04:49 PM
Post up your Email address and I'll see what I can come up with.

tattoo72
08-26-2009, 08:14 PM
I have one right here that I can email you. What's your mail address?

Jim G
tattoo72@comcast.net

nickk262
08-26-2009, 10:40 PM
nking005@carolina.rr.com
Thanks a lot guys. My son is driving me crazy to get this thing going... Wonder why? I have my harley and one in build. He can't ride at the moment. Thanks for all the help guys. This site is great. I will be paying back anyone I can with info as I gather it. If anyone has any tech questions about cams and horsepower/torque, let me know. I have a lot of knowledge to share. Also general questions for most part.
Nick

tattoo72
08-27-2009, 01:11 AM
Email sent. I hope it helps.

Jim

nickk262
08-27-2009, 02:35 AM
Thanks Jim. I will try it out this weekend if I get the injectors I ordered. Next is to modify a curve for the jardine rt-1 exhaust and k&n filter add ons. Then it will be time for him to break it in.
Nick

tattoo72
08-27-2009, 03:21 AM
If that is the combination you are running. Then I would suggest going with the race eeprom.

nickk262
08-27-2009, 04:30 AM
will I need to replace the eprom or can I run it with stock one and adjust maps? Will it hurt to run bike with exhaust and filter change without changing anything else? I would like to leave it stock for a while so my son can get more experience.

Stevenc150
08-27-2009, 04:03 PM
- Don't load/burn EEPROMs without making sure the firmwares match.

- You can adjust the stock ECM maps and tables.

- You can see, it may run good, but it won't be good for the engine in the long run.

Whatever you do, save a copy of the ECM in it's current state to fall back on. Here's a recent thread to reference: Copying ECMs (http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Buell-Firebolt-XB12-XB9/Copy-Buell-Race-ECM)