PDA

View Full Version : Cheating with a Ulysses!!

wokor2wheel
09-01-2009, 02:04 PM
Being in sales I get the chance to ride just about anything. I took a 2006 Uly home for a couple days. My personal ride is a 05 XL1200C (SPORTSTER).
The first thing I noticed is the seat height. Even with the low seat it is still tall. But with that ground clearance comes a ride that can take the Michigan bumps real well. I did some dirt roads and back roads. I played with the preload and compression settings and found a happy medium. It handles nice on dirt or asphalt.
The bags are nice. Helmets,chaps,lunch all fit without a problem. They come off fast.
The hand guards work flawlessly.
With all the improvements for 2010 the X and XT are going to give BMW a run for the money.
JT Sales at American Harley-Davidson and Buell Ann Arbor, MI

Buellysses
09-01-2009, 04:16 PM
You think you noticed an amazing difference? I went from an 85 Sporty to an 06 Uly. ;)

It kinda felt like going from dating a fat girl to banging a super model.

dave_xb12r
09-01-2009, 04:39 PM
you weren't even banging the fat girl? Man that sporty must have been balls.

Buellysses
09-01-2009, 07:01 PM
I wouldn't have called it a bad bike, it was actually pretty fun to cruise around town. Just don't plan on keeping your fillings in your teeth if you take it down the highway at 85 for any period of time.

wokor2wheel
09-01-2009, 07:15 PM
That ia one thing about the newer sporty's that rubber mounted engine. A Dyna would be a step up from that. It's the suspension travel that I liked. The sporty have very little the Uly I could barely feel the pot holes. I think the STT and the SS are a great compromise of comfort and sport ride quality out of the XB family.