PDA

View Full Version : Running fan..

XBChrisalto
09-02-2009, 09:20 PM
I recently traded in my XB9SX for a Firebolt, and the cooling fan seems to power on while I am riding. Now, this never happened with the XB9 and it worries me, might this be a problem??

samiam901
09-02-2009, 10:47 PM
My XB9 has done it a few times on very hot days while I was in traffic. If yours is running alot Id assume its not normal. Im sure one of the more knowlegeable guys around here will give you some advice.

XBChrisalto
09-02-2009, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the reply. It might not be an issue but it never happened on the 9, it might have to do with the larger engine proucing more heat but I am no mechanic. As long as the check engine light doesn't turn on I'm good to go!

hula Buell
09-03-2009, 07:35 AM
Don't forget to try synthetic oil.It's really makes a difference.:p

TexasSportBiker
09-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Does the service manual state when it should be running and not be running. Brand new it seemed to come on when it got so hot. When you stopped, it came on hi for some time, switched to low before shutting off. Had some trouble with idle at 1300 miles. Returned to dealership. They reset the TPS and re-flashed the ECM with “updates”. Now, the fan comes on while moving before it ever gets hot, come to a stop and the damn thing shuts off. Seems like it should be the other way around. But get it hot enough and it runs all the time. When you shut it off (motor) now, only the low speed runs and seems for only half as long. Does the dealership need to see it again??