PDA

View Full Version : The 08 Recall and stock placement on the 09 Fuel Vent & Overflow

kevgoodwin78
09-05-2009, 04:45 AM
Okay guys and gals I have a problem and was looking for some information and ideas. Hopefully someone out there in the Tec. department is reading to learn from this and help too.

I have an 08 1125R with the Fuel Vent & Overflow redone away from the pipe inside one of the passanger pegs and I understand the idea. Safty from fire and this way you realy don't get fuel on your tire. HOWEVER...I want to take my back pegs off and if you know anything about the placement of the hose line you would have to re-run the whole vent line for this. They advertise that you can remove them and that its more sportier but then I would have almost 2 feet of vent line flapping in the wind. Not cool by any means.

So I was wondering if anyone has come across this problem and had a fix for it or knew something a little more professional than just shorting the line which would, if I put the pegs back on, get fuel on the passanger if it started to leak.

Think about it...get back to me something...kind of a big deal kind of not...Thanks for the line.

Tank
09-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Cant you coil all of the vent line up and ziptie it out of sight while still allowing it to function as engineered? As long as it allows air in, it functions as advertised, you might even be able to reroute it to the top of the air filter housing, so at least it would be up high to help combat siphoning when over full.

kevgoodwin78
09-11-2009, 05:17 AM
right on that just gave me an idea I thought that the line was just more that a vent it was for over fill too but realy it just a vent line and in the four wheelers, dirt bikes, and race bikes its just a tube that comes out of the cap and is short going realy no where just for the burping of the tank and venting. Thanks for opening my eyes a little.