PDA

View Full Version : A couple '08's showed up.....

BuellPartsGuy
07-20-2007, 09:16 PM
Saw a couple of them getting unloaded off the truck when I came in this morning, got a little excited hoping it was an 1125R, but it was just 2 new Lightnings. The new oil pump is bigger than I thought it would be.

devildog3042
11-09-2007, 11:35 PM
man, i would love to test ride an 1125r.

BuellPartsGuy
11-10-2007, 02:49 AM
We have one scheduled for delivery on the 23rd of this month. Whether it shows up on time or not is to be seen but heres hoping..

MrOrange
11-10-2007, 03:06 AM
When you all get them post some pictures if you can...

BuellPartsGuy
11-10-2007, 03:28 AM
I will have my camera with me at work when one comes in and I will be spending some time checking things out and taking some shots of it.

azsnow
11-10-2007, 05:18 PM
What exactly are you wanting to see on the new bikes? I posted a pic or two from the motorcycle show when they were here, the only difference is the front fairing, speedo, and engine, other than that, they look like any other Firebolt.

BuellPartsGuy
11-10-2007, 05:57 PM
There is lots more to that bike than what you look at from five feet away. I saw the one at the show too, but I couldn't tear that one apart. Not to mention the forks, frame, swingarm, and many many other things are different on there that I would like to see. Because I am sure in the near future, plenty of guys out there are going to want to swap parts onto normal XB's from the 1125R and then that way I know what may swap and I am prepared.

azsnow
11-10-2007, 08:43 PM
Are you sure you went? Because the show I went to, we could sit on them and get as close as we wanted, also they had a cut away of the bike and the motor at the show.

BuellPartsGuy
11-10-2007, 10:57 PM
Yeah, I got to stop by there on Sunday right before they closed up, but a cut away isnt a real bike. I dont care about sitting on them, I want to disassemble one myself. Look and see how things work and are laid out on the bike itself. I didn't learn all the things I knwo about XB's by looking at cut aways and sitting on them.....

azsnow
11-11-2007, 01:42 AM
I agree with you there, but as far as seeing what you can in a pic...and honestly unless you buy one, I don't think Ride Now will let you tear one apart!

azsnow
11-11-2007, 01:44 AM
Oh I forgot to ask BuellPartsGuy, is your dealership sending anyone to test ride them at Laguna Seca? (Or however you spell it) Two of my friends from Hacienda are going in the next week or so.

BuellPartsGuy
11-11-2007, 06:19 AM
I should be able to tear one down somewhat, not a full tear down, but at least body work, the airbox upper and lower and stuff like that. I wont be able to see an engine apart until one comes in that needs it.

As far as the Laguna thing, I dont think anyone from our dealer is going that I know of, although I would love to. I think someone said that a person is going from the Chandler store.

XBear9S
11-12-2007, 03:52 AM
We're lookin' @ December 12th here in Central Texas.
CTHD is a buzz w/excitement.
We had a small group of 5 guys make a trip out for the test ride.
Its all we've talked about for the last 2.5 weeks.
****! I don't even WANT one and I can't stop talkin' about it...

Robt a.k.a. "SpecialK!"

badbandit12
11-19-2007, 02:17 AM
december 12th in Ga. too I cant wait to get to play with one! oh and put it in my name. I'm holding off getting a 1098 to see how much I like the 1125R!! Can't wait