PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie

Refresh
07-24-2007, 06:16 AM
Hi all, eventually after much thought I took the plundge and bought myself the XB12S 07 cherry bomb.
Picking her up tomorrow,, can't sleep, soooo excited.

I've read and heard alot about running this motor inn, in your opinions, what is the best way to go about it???

LeFox
07-24-2007, 09:43 AM
- stay atleast 1000rpm away from redline.

- you can do a hard acceleration, but only when the engine is warm and not all the time. still keeping away from the redline.

- do not ride at constant speed for too long.

- keep an eye on your oil.

- last but not least...enjoy yourself :D

Refresh
07-26-2007, 11:04 AM
Picked up my baby yesterday, so excited. Only managed to ride for about an hour, traffic was a pain in the ass! What a fantastic bike, straight away you feel as if you have complete control, no getting used to rubbish, awesome! Just need to sort this run-in thing out, holding me back a bit .

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/786_20070726040324_L.jpg:p

mrdozer2you
07-26-2007, 12:00 PM
Nice, that color scheme is sweet [up]

LeFox
07-26-2007, 07:27 PM
congratz & have fun! [cool]

johnnybuell
07-27-2007, 01:49 PM
What makes people do a double take, get the airbox delete kit. People think there is supposed to be petro in there ... then they see a giant air cleaner through the plastic! REALLY COOL! Stops them in there tracks every time.

I have the 2006 XB12Scg. Valencia orange. It has the airbox delete, race ecm, Jardine carbon pipe.
What makes people do a double take, get the airbox delete kit. People think there is supposed to be petro in there ... then they see a giant air cleaner through the plastic! REALLY COOL! Stops them in there tracks every time.

I have the 2006 XB12Scg. Valencia orange. It has the airbox delete, race ecm, Jardine carbon pipe.

His_and_Her_Buells
07-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Could you repeat that:D JK

Refresh
07-30-2007, 07:15 AM
Well, took my baby out this weekend, rides like a dream, half way trough the run-in period already :p

I have a few questions that maybe someone could help with,
1. She feels a little under powered, is it because the motor is still a little tight? At this stage I can't see myself doing any front end lifts without some serious play with the clutch in 1st Gear.

Still, I haven't pushed very hard cause onf the run-in period.

2. I saw that when I took delivery, someone had touched my headers and left some rather large finger prints right where they should discolor. After some riding this weekend they did start to discolor but more so where the prints where, now they are as clear as daylight, looks really bad, how can I get rid of them, don't really want to start putting soaps or acids on just incase I make it worse. Please help!!!

Refresh
07-30-2007, 07:22 AM
Oh, 1 more thing :)

Does anyone have some close up pics on how they relocated thier plate? Can't stand the way it looks now but can't figuer out where or how to cut what away, don't want to rush it and make mistakes.
Thanks....

LeFox
07-30-2007, 11:36 AM
1. She feels a little under powered, is it because the motor is still a little tight? At this stage I can't see myself doing any front end lifts without some serious play with the clutch in 1st Gear.

you want to pop wheelies when still in run-in [confused]

well, it's your bike...normally in first you can just do a roll-on wheelie, short, but it will lift.
wanna lift it higher in first? accelerate, cut the throttle and roll it on hard.

2nd gear, same thing as the higher 1st gear for a lift. want it higher, just accelerate, pull the clutch in a bit, roll on the throttle and let the clutch go.

Refresh
07-30-2007, 12:05 PM
:D NO NO NO, I would never dream of trying to pop wheelies while it's still running in.

I was saying that the power I'm feeling now doesn't give me the confidence to think that there would be enough power to do one once it's run-in, never mind a roll out wheelie without a clutch.

LeFox
07-30-2007, 07:25 PM
well she should...without problem

NL90
08-29-2007, 03:00 AM
All that torque.. Yeah she will stand right up for you! I just bought my Buell (used) and I pull a wheelie from 1st to 2nd and ride it out.. Loads of fun