PDA

View Full Version : Fog lights?

mrdozer2you
07-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Brain fart: What if I were to add some sort of aftermarket fog lights on the front or rear of my XB? I live just outside the city so I ride both the city streets and country twisties. I thought it would be nice because my headlights just point forward and dont cover the shoulder too much. If I were to angle the aftermarket fog lights just slightly to the side I'm thinking this would help visibility in cornering while riding in the dark.

My other idea was to mount them under my passenger pegs facing back angled at the driver behind me, wiring them into my high beam flasher trigger. So the next ass that tails me too close......BAM!!

What are your thoughts? Good idea or not? Legal or askin for trouble?

LeFox
07-25-2007, 08:09 AM
I'm thinking this would help visibility in cornering while riding in the dark.

intergrate them in the front chin [confused]

So the next ass that tails me too close......BAM!!
=>

askin for trouble?

His_and_Her_Buells
07-25-2007, 01:23 PM
Legal or askin for trouble

Not a bad idea but not legal in most states, the only rear facing lights allowed are red for tail, brake or turn, amber for turn, and white only for license plate or reverse. Also what if you want to use your bright flash for someone in front and the person behind is a cop. However, if it was a really bright "red" light it would look like you were hitting your brakes and maybe startle them enough to back off.

LeFox
07-25-2007, 01:42 PM
get a very loud airhorn :D

mrdozer2you
07-25-2007, 05:22 PM
Maybe i'll just eat alot of mexican before I ride [cool]

Just seeing if anyone else had the same idea for adding some small fog lights to the front?, the rear idea was just for laughs :D

2Evil4U
07-25-2007, 05:56 PM
I've added a set of 55W driving lights to my Uly. Noticably improved visibility for the cagers.

twistedengineering
07-25-2007, 09:16 PM
I wish my headlight bulbs would last more than one ride, let alone fog lights.

Das Bolt
07-25-2007, 11:25 PM
some of the harly catalogs sell small projector beam headlites for custom jobs you could mount them on your forks maybe slightly angled out to give you a wide angle spread.