PDA

View Full Version : 2009 xb12r/remapping ecm

buellman09
09-18-2009, 02:33 AM
Ive been reading over a ton of post on here(lots of good info)about how the 2008/2009 ecms are different. My question is, if i use the ecmspy other than the usb cable and the software from ohio sportbike, what else do i need. minus a dyno wich isnt a problem. Ive read a lot of the post, but then i came across one saying that a DirectLink ECM Remapping Key is needed? Any help is appreciated, just want to make sure I get the correct things.
Thanks,
Jay

Stevenc150
09-18-2009, 03:22 AM
My question is, if i use the ecmspy other than the usb cable and the software from ohio sportbike, what else do i need.Not exactly sure of the question. Are you wanting to use ECMSpy or DirectLink.

ECMSpy & DirectLink are two different programs. ECMSpy is/was a Freeware program and needs no key to access and use to modify your ECM. DirectLink requires a "key" (USB dongle I believe) that you must purchase in order to use the program for modifying ECMs.

buellman09
09-18-2009, 03:35 AM
Im wanting to use ecmspy,from what i understood ecmspy wouldnt work alone on an 08/09 ecm. Unless Im completly bass ackwards on it...I thought you had to use the software from ohio motorsports too, but then i ran across the info about the direct link key and wasnt sure if that was something that had to be used with the ecmspy and the bdfi tuning software.

dave_xb12r
09-18-2009, 03:36 AM
You need a 09 xb9 ECM

buellman09
09-18-2009, 03:39 AM
So if I get the xb9 ecm do i load the settings off of my ecm now, and then go back and remap it that way? I thought that the ecmspy and bdfi software from ohio sportbike could be used on an 09 xb12 ecm?

dave_xb12r
09-18-2009, 03:49 AM
Yes you would load your current maps into the 9 ECM. Or you could load a race map to start with.

Using the xb9 ecm is what mike @ xopti says to do. Steven, do you have the link to his instructions? I can't find it.

dave_xb12r
09-18-2009, 03:53 AM
here it is. link (http://www.buelletinboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10608)

buellman09
09-18-2009, 03:56 AM
Thanks for they help guys, I appreciate it.

JJxb12r
09-22-2009, 05:14 AM
hey buellman09 i am in your same situation i have an 08 xb12 and have the software from ohio sportbike, ecmspy and the cable. from what i understand is when you modify something with bddfi3 tuner it changes the hexadecimal value on the left hand side of the spread sheet they say to only change one at a time but i think if you know what you are doing you can change more than one. so once you change something you need to hook your bike up to ecmspy and do a eeprom fetch. once that is done you need to find the correct hexadecimal value there and change it manually to whatever the value is now on the bddfi3 tuner page the best way i found to do this is to print off your eeprom from bddfi3 tuner and highlight the values you changed. you can load a race fuel map from a previous year but not the whole eeprom im not 100 percent sure but i think you can do the timing tables also. so yes an xb9 ecm will work or that is the way do to it with what you have i have done it and yes it is kinda labor intensive but it works as long as you keep track of what you changed

buellman09
09-23-2009, 02:51 AM
Thanks JJ, would another year of an ecm work with my bike? Only reason I ask, is they are pretty abundant on ebay, just didnt know if that would mess something up if i were to load the settings off my ecm to the different year ecm, and then remapp it that way. Or does it have to be the ecm from a 2009 xb9r?

Thanks again for the help guys.

Stevenc150
09-23-2009, 03:46 AM
You'll need an '08 or '09 XB9 ECM. Reference: Modifying '08+ ECMs (http://www.buelletinboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10608) [up]

JJxb12r
09-23-2009, 04:23 AM
yes you can use an 08 or early 09 xb9 ecm but what i am saying is that you can keep your ecm you have now and as long as you have bddfi3 tuner you can get JUST THE FUEL MAPS and maybe the timing maps from someone else and manually fuel maps on bddfi3 tuner to be the same as the race fuel map. when you change a value (say from 160 to 170) the corresponding hexadecimal value on the left hand side of the spread sheet will change. so when you get the race fuel map change your fuel maps to look like those then you need to fetch you eeprom with ecm spy and change the hexadecimal values there but make sure the "changes only" box is checked. so no you can not use an ecm from a previous model but you dont need to buy an xb9 ecm either

JJxb12r
09-23-2009, 05:50 AM
here this is a link to the ohiosportbike website that tells exactly how to do it i dont know if you looked at this or not http://www.ohiosportbike.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=403but here ya go.

buellman09
09-24-2009, 08:00 PM
Thanks JJ, ill probablly go this route. If so is all i need the software from ohio sports, ecmspy and the cable to hook it up? Am I missing anything else?

JJxb12r
09-25-2009, 12:35 AM
As long as you have Microsoft excel I think it has to be 2003 or newer can't remember for sure but it says on Ohio sportbike so check that but otherwise yes. I just got done making the changes to my fuel maps by going off of a 2007 race map. And if you do that there are a couple of rpm values that bddfi3 uses that ecm spy doesn't that you will need to just make them look similar to the values around them. That might sound confusing but you will know what I am talking about once you look at it