PDA

View Full Version : trying to ride again.

dukesteel
09-19-2009, 07:25 PM
i recently had a run in with a deer on my buell firebolt xb12r. it cracked my transfercase and broke my shift lever. ive goten all the peices fixed and replaced and now i can not get it to go into gear. please help. havent ridin my bike in a mounth im bout to go crazy

Thaloc
09-19-2009, 07:27 PM
Have you opened up the primary and check your springs and plates?

dukesteel
09-19-2009, 07:56 PM
umm no i havent what kinda thing do i need to look for in that aspect. this is the first bike ive ever done any kind of work on so it could be that i messed some things up. to my knowledge i placed everything back the way it was ha ha

only1reds
09-19-2009, 11:49 PM
Check these possibilities.

Clutch Cable Tension(only if you removed and/or adjusted it)

Primary Cover (that's where all your transmission components are. You may have to tighten/loosen the bolt with a flat head)

Thaloc
09-20-2009, 12:21 AM
ya did u put the rubber spacer back n that allows it to shift smoothly? even with that if u tighten the shifter peg too tight it wont allow a shift. I did once and i couldnt shift up out of 3rd

dukesteel
09-21-2009, 05:10 AM
yea 3rd is as far up as it is letting me shift but even then it still wont actually go into gear. it will shift into the gears but i guess they wont engage. the light comes on when i put it neutral and turns off when i shift into another gear. so idk im trying to check the cable tension but one of my bolts stripped out so im tryin to figure out how to get it out. this is the second time ive had this happin i either dont know my own strength or these bolts really suck

dukesteel
03-27-2010, 06:49 PM
alright so ecm questions no im having a hard time finding a race ecm mine shorted out. and its basically the only thing keeping from riding now.