PDA

View Full Version : Dobeck Techlusion TFi tuner for Uly X

mcminnow
09-21-2009, 08:06 PM
Just bought my second '06 Uly X. Owner's got a new Dobeck TFI tuner he never installed. Anyone have any experience or opinion about it? Would it help with the low end "Bronco Billy clutch dance" in first gear below 2,500 rpms? This bike is no different from my first. Bucks like my grandmother's '73 Ford LTD that needs a tune below 2,500 RPMs. Smooth as butter after 3,000 rpms. I know all about the little quirks I'm supposed to love but this ain't one of them.

Let me know?

McMinnow

taylor
09-22-2009, 12:06 AM
i tried one on my old xb9 and hated it. i thought it was a piece of junk and it made my bike run like crap. but im only one person and im not a tuner.

mcminnow
09-22-2009, 10:19 PM
thanks, Taylor. My mechanic wasn't too excited about the prospect either. There's probably some info on this site about reducing the low end surging of the Uly.

taylor
09-22-2009, 10:55 PM
i have no surging at all. i noticed the bike runs smoother with a drummer pipe, better throtle resonse and no intake poping. but at the same time im still trying to tune mine with direct link. im never happy and im always trying new things.

BuddaBuell
03-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Any boby have any info on turning off the "active muffler servo"?
I am going to install my new Drummer SS and would appricate any tips

theoctopus
03-14-2010, 05:46 PM
There are plenty of answers to this question via the search feature, and I don't think bringing an old thread back from the dead that's on a different topic will help much.

That being said, you can just disconnect it at the exhaust, and tie it up somewhere. That's what most of us do.

dallasb
03-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Budda check out the ECM spy v2.0 pdf manual. It has an explanation in the pdf that explains how to do it and it even addresses your exhaust.

BuddaBuell
03-17-2010, 12:52 AM
dallasg...........Thank you,I as some have so skillfully noted am new to using this message board. I can use all of the guidance I can get. Oh yea sarcasm is said to be the lowest form of humor. just do what you are good at I guess OCT !!

ches
05-12-2010, 01:20 AM
does it work or not i have the same problem and the debeck tfi is the only one for xb12x so let me know;)