PDA

View Full Version : Special Ops exhaust Install???s

buellman09
09-22-2009, 10:19 PM
Ok, last post for a while and Ill stop asking questions, haha. Ok just got my exhaust today, its the spec ops for my 09xb12r. Im going to be instaling it tonight when i get home from work. My question is, besides removing the chin, and all the brackets that hold the stock muffler on. Is there anything that I need to be aware of when Im doing this? The new muffler doesnt have the valve or anything in it, so will that mess anything up? The servo cable that goes into the can what do I do with that? Does it just go back in the new can? Sorry for all the questions, im just wanting to make sure Ive got all the bases covered.

Thanks.

dave_xb12r
09-22-2009, 10:24 PM
I literally cut my servo cable off. I couldn't yank it all the way through. The valve is useless, but you can leave it connected, it wont effect anything really either way.

The rear bracket does not get unbolted because the oil line goes through it. Just unstrap the pipe. Be careful when installing, I overtightened my pipe and squeezed it too much.

buellman09
09-22-2009, 10:32 PM
Ok, thanks dave. so if i cut it, or leave the valve out it wont cause the engine light to come on?

dave_xb12r
09-22-2009, 10:36 PM
You should probably just leave the servo in the airbox, but you can remove, cut or even leave the cable. Like I said, I had to cut the cable to yank it out. I switch to a 9 pipe so I had no use for it, but I still have the servo in the airbox even though its turned off in ECMspy. I've just been lazy about removing it. I'm not sure if you can turn it off or not because your bike is a 09.

buellman09
09-22-2009, 10:47 PM
Ok, thanks man Ill let ya know how it turns out. If it all goes as planed im going to have some unhappy neigbhors tonight:D

taylor
09-22-2009, 10:51 PM
yeah leave the cable. i zip tied mine tosome other crap. that way if you ever go back to stock its still there. install takes about 10-15 min for pipe.. real easy

buellman09
09-24-2009, 02:51 AM
got it on...and wow it sounds awsome.

JOEL9
09-24-2009, 03:01 AM
we(i) need a pic:D

hula Buell
09-24-2009, 07:54 AM
I also have a bike like yours.However im wondering what happened with any engine light or any other funny things happen?

hula Buell
09-24-2009, 07:56 AM
Sorry, forgot to add please don't stop asking questions it helps a lot of us.:D

buellman09
09-24-2009, 07:13 PM
Haha, nope no problems at all. Ill get some pics this weekend

BlackandChrome
03-11-2010, 04:26 AM
Not to thread jack, but I'm about to add a drummer to my 2008 XB12R Firebolt tomorrow. I was going to start a similar thread.

I plan to just coil up the unused exhaust cable and zip tie it out of the way. I remember seeing a picture somewhere. I'll try and get one the way I do it.

After changing the exhaust, you should do a TPS reset. (copied from another thread)

To reset an 08+ Buell, do the following:
1. Turn on the key.
2. Set the kill switch to the run position.
3. Don’t start the engine. Rotate the throttle from fully closed (gently forced closed) to fully
open (gently held open), and then back again to closed (gently forced closed).
4. Repeat 3 times. Hold each position (fully open, fully closed) for 1 full second.
5. Turn the key off and on (only once, not repeatedly).

After that ride for 5 minutes steadily between 3500 - 4500 RPMs for a full recalibration.

Enjoy