PDA

View Full Version : so it finally happened!

jeridwdshc
07-26-2007, 02:15 PM
alright guys, today, drove to work like normal, stopped at a convenience store 2 blocks from work (normal) went inside, had breakfast...upon leaving it happened.

i started the bike, before ignition caught and started it backfired thru the carb. after that there was no fire. the starter would just crank and crank...did i foul the plug? or what happened?

someone, anyone.

even then, i was talking with ezblast thru email about a loud chattering noise, i believe it's the primary chain but i haven't had time to look at it. what does anyone else think, it's almost louder than the exhaust.

thanks

LeFox
07-26-2007, 07:31 PM
got some more detais on the bike?

type, milage, etc...

His_and_Her_Buells
07-26-2007, 11:50 PM
My first guess will be the boot between the carb and intake, especially if it is more than a couple of years old. My wifes blast would backfire occasionally and then one time bigger backfire than normal and it died then would not start. Fortunately this happened at the buell factory and the mechanic there checked the boot and sure enough it was cracked. I'll bet the backfire on yours was strong enough to crack a weak spot. It will be sucking too much air to start. Let's hope it is the boot because if not it may be more serious.[sad]

ezblast
07-27-2007, 04:30 AM
Das Boot!

His_and_Her_Buells
07-27-2007, 06:01 AM
Das Boot! :DLOL

jeridwdshc
08-03-2007, 06:01 PM
it's an 03 buell blast, no engine mods other than vance and hines pipe. I'll take a look at the boot...if it happens to be the boot then how can i find another one?

thanks

His_and_Her_Buells
08-03-2007, 10:19 PM
any Buell dealer can get it

jeridwdshc
08-06-2007, 03:34 PM
so yesterday i tore into the buell...i took off the gastank and the breather box only to find the carb and the boot TOTALLY OFF OF THE INTAKE!!! It just was hanging there. so i fixxed that. Now im going to do the sock filter over the carb, i was going to build my own down tube for a cone filter but i dont know how long im going to spend on it. Also, after taking off the box if you get into the throttle it leans out, like it loses it's pep. Is this due to the stop jets? or what is it?

ezblast
08-07-2007, 04:24 AM
Replace boot - its torn - lol[cool]