PDA

View Full Version : Installing Nautilus airhorn relay question

Astr0
09-23-2009, 09:22 AM
I have installed a nautilus airhorn and it comes with instructions that say if you already have a horn relay then not to bother using the supplied one.
I cant find my manual with wiring diagram anywhere!!
Can anybody tell me if the Ulysses has a horn relay??

BTW horn tested and sounds great. just scarewed to use it too much in case it damages something without a relay?!
Install one just for the satisfaction of using it ;)

ezerhoden14
09-23-2009, 01:32 PM
I'm not 100% sure on this but it should have one. without a relay I believe the horn would stay on, and the other reason it would stay on would be improper wiring. I know when I installed that same Airhorn on my KTM I just used the stock horns wires. Just added the right connectors and tightened them down! wish there was room on my firebolt for that horn!! It's awesome loud! quite possibly the only thing I miss from my KTM =P

nitto12ss
09-23-2009, 03:12 PM
http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Do-It-Yourself-Buell-Mods/Air-horn-filling-the-void

Above is the link from my install, but I am not sure about the relay. I just disconnected the stock unit and plugged the two stock wires into the four prong relay they provide and then the two remaining prongs are for the positive and negative wires you run to the battery.

Astr0
09-23-2009, 10:46 PM
I'll install it tonight. I love that cover you've made up for your airbox :)

nitto12ss
09-23-2009, 11:07 PM
Thanks Bro, and dont forget to post pictures when done.