PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning the Rims

HOVERJOCKI
07-27-2007, 06:51 PM
Hello all.
Not sure if this has been asked in the past but anyone have any info on what to use to clean of the black that ends up on the wheel rims. Been using elbow greese but not budging.
Any help would be great.
Cheers
Justin

BuellPartsGuy
07-28-2007, 12:00 AM
S100 Cleaner works great or Harley Wheel and Tire cleaner works good too.

HOVERJOCKI
07-28-2007, 01:49 AM
does that work on the powder coated wheels????

Justin

mrdozer2you
07-28-2007, 04:11 PM
Yep, I use Orange Blast cleaner/degreaser, perfectly safe and works well. Get yourself a wheel scrubber bit for your drill. I think mothers makes one but any auto shop will probably have one near their detail products section. Those things work awesome, they git all the nasty bits off of tight places. Now sometimes you can get little bits of what looks like tar, ( I think their pieces of ashphalt ) Soak those with degreaser and your fingernail will take it off lol.

ctrucky
11-11-2007, 04:49 PM
i have used wd-40 to get grease spots off of my bikes and my vehicles. wd does have lead in it, so you dont want to rub extremely hard on it, let the oil do the work. when clean, it needs to be washed with soap and water, so as not to mess up the clear. then do a wax job, and it will look good as new.

dave_xb12r
05-01-2009, 12:50 AM
I'll recycle this old thread. I was using some black magic wheel cleaner on some brake dust that has been there for a while, and some ran down to the lowest spot which was the tire obviously. Wheel cleaner on the tire? is that a bad thing. I sprayed on some Purple Power degreaser, and scrubbed it with a brass wire brush, but the spot still seems slippery. Any suggestions?

I know I still need to try hot soapy water.