PDA

View Full Version : 1 Great Reason to not go riding after a photo shoot

bttrfngrz
09-27-2009, 02:28 AM
So i decided last weekend to put my bike away for the winter. I should have kept it put away.
last night, my shop used it in a photoshoot for a calender. little did i know they would armor-all the crap out of my tires. today, after work, i decided i would go out on a nice sunny ride. i put on my gear, strapped on my helmet, and headed off. after leaving my driveway i noticed my tail-end felt light. i went around the first slight corner with ease and grew more confident; i started heading around the next one and my front end just slid out from under me. Thank god i was only doing 25.

25 hurts. the first thing i thought when i could think clearly was My Bike! after i lifted up my bike and assesed the damage; brake master cylinder, brake lever, right clip on, right grip, brake pedal, right tank puck right mirror, new gloves, new pants, new helmet. new pride.....

then my arm, shoulder, knee, and hand started hurting.
nothing broken. just roadrash. any hoo my hand hurts too much to keep typing so yeah FML

P.S. **** Armorall

bttrfngrz
09-27-2009, 02:32 AM
http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/4193_20090926193135_L.jpg

ridendude
09-27-2009, 02:45 AM
Nice clean leathers hangin' on the wall?
Sorry to hear about the unplanned getoff and your coworkers zealous application of Armorall....
Hope it all gets sorted out.
Cheers.[smirk]

bttrfngrz
09-27-2009, 02:54 AM
racing leathers. gear i was wearing is behind the tire

Supermanrider
09-27-2009, 04:37 AM
sucks to hear you went down becasue someone else cleaned your bike up for a photo shoot and used armorall

dave_xb12r
09-27-2009, 06:06 AM
Someone deserves to loose a few teeth on that one. Seriously, NO ONE SHOULD EVER ARMOR ALL A BIKE TIRE! I don't care if it's a photo shoot, there's no excuse. That is flat out NOT COOL. Sorry to hear about that man. Knock some MF out!

BadDad320
09-27-2009, 10:45 AM
Greetings..... I represent the law firm of Dewey, Cheathem & Howe........ I would like to discuss your options in regards to your recent motorcycle accident and your negligent friend.......

fahren
09-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Just curious about the pile o' gear in the photo - looks like any knee protection you had failed pretty badly for a 25 mph lowside. Can you let us know what it was, kind of a gear review thing?
You hear a fair amount of reviews of gear, but it's good to get reviews after a real test of its performance.

Nuage420b
09-28-2009, 06:24 AM
I agree who ever armor all-ed your tires should pay for the damages. They are giant bags of poop if they don't volunteer to do so.

Buell_Cru
09-28-2009, 08:56 PM
The title should have read,

"1great reason to not armor all your tires"

1001yos
09-29-2009, 01:59 AM
WHERE'S THE CALANDAR PICS????

They better be worth it!

bttrfngrz
09-29-2009, 08:55 AM
i will say as far as protection, all failed except helmet and boots. i was wearing the new buell jacket the mesh one, it sucks. my New Skin gloves also sucked wasn't wearing knee protection, my boots held up. as far as my legal options, i'm not going to pursue any; yeah he armorall'd them but i should check for that stuff especially after a shoot. i'm looking at maybe two hundred bucks in damages. i wear my scars like tattoos, i see it like i only paid a couple hundred for these two. and i'd rather my buell give it to me then some creepy tattoo artist.

bttrfngrz
09-29-2009, 08:59 AM
i'll post the calendar pics when i get them. and the girl you all voted on posed again, and this was a much better shoot.

themachineking
09-29-2009, 02:52 PM
That blows! Thats why you shouldnt let people mess with your bike! I gotta kid at work that likes to turn off my power switch, and put it in gear. had to put a stop to that, and almost lost my job. (but he dont mess with my bike anymore!