PDA

View Full Version : Buell Headers

JSW07
07-29-2007, 03:47 AM
Does anyone know which headers would be the best to increase the performance of my Buell?

zombieBUELLer
07-29-2007, 09:45 PM
At some point I plan on having my pipes ceramic coated, which should increase performance a fraction of a percent. As in 1/32 of 1%. Which as we all now equals a 0.0003125 increase in hp.. ;)

I haven't really seen or heard of any after market headers other than the full systems like MICRON or the TI-FORCE.

JSW07
07-30-2007, 04:48 AM
Having the headers ceramic coated increases power? How does that work?

His_and_Her_Buells
07-30-2007, 08:17 AM
I hear that if you coat the inside as well you can get 3/32 of 1% increase:D

LeFox
07-30-2007, 11:39 AM
max i've seen with inside coating is a pretty 2% increase.

that was with a big thunder exhaust.

Which headers are good to get to increase performance?
depends on the exhaust. better to get a full system since both work together and are tuned as such.

JSW07
08-01-2007, 06:33 PM
From the research I've done so far, I found the ceramic coating won't help the average rider...its more of a racing thing, they need all the heat conservation they can get.

Refresh
08-02-2007, 03:19 PM
Need some help getting finger prints off my headers. When I took delivery I saw they had left some prints on the headers and now that I have riden a bit they have started to discolor, the prints more than the rest, looks terrible, how do I get them off?

mrdozer2you
08-03-2007, 12:32 PM
Where abouts are they? I had a similar problem with mine. Something from the road got stuck on the front near the head, I made the mistake of flicking it off with my glove on while they were hot [confused], so i had a little melted fabric on it. I used some ultra fine sandpaper ( when it was cool :D ) just do a circular motion in just that area with very light pressure. Took it right off, that area looked a little different for a bit, but once the blue came back its fine.

LeFox
08-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Need some help getting finger prints off my headers. When I took delivery I saw they had left some prints on the headers and now that I have riden a bit they have started to discolor, the prints more than the rest, looks terrible, how do I get them off?

wd40 (http://www.wd40.com/), the answer to your prayers ;)

06xb9r
08-05-2007, 01:53 AM
Have you seen this problem before? Does WD-40 actually take the stains off? I have the same thing on my header...looks like a thumb print, was on there when I bought the bike.

LeFox
08-05-2007, 11:32 AM
it should, if not...warm the headers a bit and try again.

the spot you see is (human)grease spot, which should be removable. i know several people that use this to clean that kind of stuff.

Refresh
08-06-2007, 07:28 AM
Well, I've had a fun weekend. I spoke with the dealership and they suggested that I use some fuel when the headers are hot [down] That didn't work!
I tried a number of cleaners and waxes but nothing.
Eventually tried some chrome cleaner and suprise :p it worked, with a lot of elbow grease !!!!
One problem, all the gold, goon. back to a wierd silvery colour which didn't really concern me to much due to that fact that they will discolour again back to normal once i ride.
One ride and pipes were back to thier goldish tinge with one draw back, PRINTS WERE BACK[mad]

This is killing me! Plus in all the excitment I went and touched them which a cloth while they were still hot, don't need to tell you what they look like now.

Bit nervouse to try the sand paper, if I do i'll go for a 1200 grain water paper and do the entire header from top to bottom so they color evenly again.. Or just get them painted silver. aggggg!

Will also have a look at this WD-40 stuff, who knows :p

mrdozer2you
08-06-2007, 12:25 PM
I just did the area on mine very lightly with the sandpaper. Like you said, it did turn silver a bit, but is now back to normal. Everything was fine, I think the paper I used was 400 or 600 grit, I dont remember. It was a sanding pad I had from work and they dont specify the exact grit so I am guessing. I just wouldn't go too fine, those headers have a bit of texture to them, if you smooth that area out too much it will definitely look different.