PDA

View Full Version : Bad road rage stories

screamineagle
10-06-2009, 01:21 AM
So I was talking to a motorcycle instructor who told me about his friend. This guy was riding along and this cage rider pulls out infront of him. So they get to the next street light and start cussing eash other out. So the car speeds off and and the biker flies up on him to kick in his door in but got to close and his handle bar clipped the side mirror turning him into and under the guys car. The guy lived but was pretty banged up for a few years. Just thought I would share.

Macbuell
10-06-2009, 05:45 AM
At the end of the day-

Us < 700lbs total, wearing our only protection
Them > 3000 usually, cage, airbags, seatbelts

bajabomber87
10-06-2009, 07:42 AM
Haha that sucks.

stopie20
10-06-2009, 11:02 AM
Us < 700lbs total, wearing our only protection

+ a little over a pound of 40 cal.= ME..:D

And I got some stories, but for legal reasons prefer not to document.[smirk]

Buellysses
10-06-2009, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I haven't been brave enough to go kicking in doors or knocking off mirrors. I limit myself to screaming obscenities at the morons that refuse to use their blinker.

I would just love to come up beside someone (stopped at a light preferably), snap their turn-signal lever off, and hand it to them. "Here, If you don't intend to use this there is no point in keeping it attached." You think they would lean to use their blinker, once they got a new lever?

screamineagle
10-06-2009, 03:20 PM
That would be funny as hell. Although throwing it at the driver side window might get your point across even better.:D:D

mk2_20v
10-06-2009, 03:25 PM
a friend of mine used to ride an R6 got cut off my some old lady in a suburban so he dropped his pants and rode bare-assed infront of her for almost 10 miles...[up]

sk8ace
10-06-2009, 04:17 PM
I have not really experienced any bad road rage yet.. I just make sure I am seen and heard and usually people stay out of my way. There was only one incident that I was a little mad about.. I was trying to get in a lane and some dude in a truck purposely rode beside me to block me out.. All it took was to drop it in 3rd and pass the 2 Semi's in front of him and never saw him again :-) (he got stuck behind them hehe) I have a lot more problems when I'm driving my car than my bike..

Midnight82
10-06-2009, 05:54 PM
I was riding down the freeway a week ago, and some douche cut into my lane nearly hitting me. This was at night so I hit him with my hi-beams. For some reason this dude felt that I had wronged him in some way, so he break checked me, I switched lanes and tried to pass him, but he was locked in, and tried to run me off the road. Luckily my motorcycle is a hell of a lot faster than his Cavalier, but he chased me for 6 miles.

That's when I decided that Cagers will always be ignorant to bikers, and it's best to just be aware and let them do their thing. All they have to do is love tap you with their quarter panel, and you're eatin gravel for 1000 feet.

To Stopie's credit, carrying a firearm definately makes people more aware of you. ;-)

Ride Safe - Keep the rubber side down fools

bardo688
10-21-2009, 04:11 AM
iam 16 and havent even been 500+ miles and found out how stupid cages are...Semi rode shoulder trying to let us pass insted he threw up rocks to the people behind me and my all time favorite so far...guy went under overpass ran a red light luckly dad saw him (i didnt till too late) but to top it off the idiot stopped under the light in the intersection...Ill stick with the finger till i get some 3/8in bbs to drop off to people behind me...concealed weapons license is high on list too "stopie"[up]:D:D

buellet proof
10-21-2009, 05:21 AM
The one thing everyone needs to remember that there are alot of idiots out there and some of them are packing. So be careful trying to mess with someone, because you never know when you will be looking down the barrel of a gun. I always try to keep my cool, it's real hard sometimes but I try to think that I need to try to get home safe to see my wife and kids one more day...