PDA

View Full Version : swingarm license mount?

TyStik
07-31-2007, 08:25 PM
License mounted under the tail is probably at too much of angle and would get me pulled over. Anyone got there tag mounted to the swingarm. If so what bracket did you use? Wondering if the powerstands bracket would work somehow.

sinpieces
12-20-2007, 08:04 AM
Hi.

I Guess this answer come far too late!
But i wouldn't do it. I bought my Xb 12s like that, swingarm mounted plateholder. I had it almost a whole season. I really noticed a wobbly effect, but could not really believe it was because of the plateholder. But the effect it had on the bike was obvious after taking it away.. I did a cheap copy of a short tail holder and it's way better like this. Don't do it is all i can say. The bike is very much sensitive with this short wheelbase etc... Not like the far longer Harleys...

Michelangelo
12-22-2007, 07:11 PM
Not only that but nothing says gay poser more than a plate mounted off the side of your swingarm!

sinpieces
12-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Lucky me for getting rid of it then!:p

mrdozer2you
12-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Not only that but nothing says gay poser more than a plate mounted off the side of your swingarm!

Exactly why would that be? I figured it'd be the other way around making everyone stare at my ass :D:D:D

dans03firebolt
01-09-2008, 01:33 PM

Why would it be gay? You are gay just for saying that. There is nothing at all wrong with a swingarm mounted plate. I like the look but if it ruins handling that I would never do it but there is nothing gay about it.

mrdozer2you
01-11-2008, 07:41 PM
How the hell does it ruin handling? If you think a little piece of metal sticking out ( behind your foot mind you) is gonna screw up your wind resistance. You better re-think riding a naked sportbike[up]

salbreth1
01-13-2008, 08:37 PM
If anyone is interesetd I have designed a custom swingarm plate relocator for all XB models, along with many other customs. You can check out my site at metalvisiondesign.com My name is Sal, you can email me at metalvisiondesign@comcast.net Thanks

sinpieces
04-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Mrdozer2mi,

have you had it at your bike (side mounted licens plate)?
Not to be rude, i have had side mounted (½ year) and now a typical short tail with the lic.plate centered.
It do make a very obvious difference to all who can feel difference (wobble), that i can promisse.
Ride fast doing corners.. and (or) for that matter, straight line (fast) and you'll notice for sure!!
This makes more difference in some ways, than completely off suspension settings. I believe it has to do with the sensivity of the XB chassis, which is very sensitive in my opinion. I will not compair to a typical "naked bike", tried some but this is not the same. Not many bikes are as short and as sensitive as this bike. There are smaller things than a swingarm mounted lic.plate, doing considerable effects. So why should that be so hard to see? But that could be in another topic i believe. I can say, again, without any intention of being rude. You might re-think your thoughts on this one topic ;)
Well, you do wish to ride fast don't you!?[up]

mrdozer2you
04-03-2008, 07:22 PM
I just dont see how it can make a difference in performance. Unless it is a weight issue, and balance.

Well, you do wish to ride fast don't you!?

and a swing arm mounted plate will make a noticeable difference in perfomance?

1) my baggy pants will have more of an affect on performance.
2) any loose buckle or belt on my riding jacket will have an affect on performance.
3) my non aerodynamic riding boots will have an affect on perfomance
4) my stock front turn signals that stick out will have an affect on performance
5) my side-stand will have an affect on performance ( by the way..that weoghs more than a side mounted license plate )

I can continue naming things that "can" affect performance while riding but you see where im going with all this.

I just dont see how a tiny piece of metal sticking out can have such a drastic affect on your bikes handling. If it does I had better take off my "Dice" valve stem caps because thats going to throw my wheels out of balance [smirk]

Unless you are European.... in that case arent your plates like 4x the size of ours? That would explain why you can feel the difference in having it side mounted or rear mount. On the side I could see how that would act like a boat sail :p

sinpieces
04-04-2008, 04:02 PM
You are assuming correct about, living in that part of the world (EU).
Big boat sail licens plates... hehe.. that's us and that's what EU are all about[up]
[mad]
Yes, it is so many things acts upon the result .. also the extended fly screens can cause some turbulence.
I am just working on (to void) all those things that interacts on the bikes stability.

mrdozer2you
04-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Maybe some fairings are on order for you then? :D

sinpieces
04-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Did i have the money, 1474cc, rotrex turbo, traxxion for the forks + fairings... just to see where we would go...

I look for a front fairing smaller and more aggro than the XB/r allowing the stock instruments + headlight of the XB/s. Have you seen Hillbilly Jens XBK..? Some say it isn't looking like a Buell (more like Jap, like gixxer) with the full fairing, but imagine taking her for a spinn.. I would just sell my soul and my flesh for this bike. The XBK in brittish racing green metalic paint (fairings) and maybe with the original amber rims (a tribute to what once was) and amber accents would kick ass...
I could order a copy cat, but we look at serious money here. I wonder how the XB/s chassis handle with a 90 ci engine makeover + turbo.. (wild on violence):D
Cheers and let's enjoy what we got for now[up]

I hear a voice behind my ear... dream on,.. dream on boy;)