PDA

View Full Version : New Buell 1125R Snowmobile!!!

shoeshineboy
10-10-2009, 05:53 PM
Well, let me start this post off by saying I made a really poor choice! Been chillier than average up here in No.MN and the forecast for this weekend called for a chance of light snow. Went to take off for work late yesterday afternoon and it was sunny and about 45 degrees.

Not having much faith in the forecast I took the 1125R-bad choice! About midnight the wind picked up and the snow started falling. Just looked to be flurries so nothing major. By the time I left at 0600 this morning there was about 1/2 to 3/4 inch of frozen, slick stuff on the ground.

Luckily, I only live a few miles from work. Freaked out a lot of early A.M. drivers seeing me getting her almost sideways a few times(need to make the most of a crappy situation). Made it home safe and sound.

Hoping this stuff is gone and it warms up a bit(took a while to warm it up since it was +28 with a below 0 windchill) so I can get a few more rides in before having to put her away for the Winter.

Supermanrider
10-10-2009, 07:39 PM
WOW thats one crazy morning ride

glad to hear you made it home alright, i dont think i would do anymore rides this year after that one haha

shoeshineboy
10-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Hoping this won't stick around. Usually ride into November. Might have to break down and pick up a dualsport to extend my riding season.

Supermanrider
10-10-2009, 09:09 PM
yeah we just got are first snow today but all the roads are dry so its not that bad here good luck with the dual sport purchase to keep it on two wheels for a bit longer

teh Nub
10-10-2009, 10:56 PM
Dang global warming ruining everything....

hula Buell
10-11-2009, 07:18 AM
You da man!!!Lucky you got home without a spill.Try to get a picture next time:D