PDA

View Full Version : Too many problems with my Buell

roadrocker
10-11-2009, 03:05 PM
How many time have your bikes been back to the dealership? I'll give you the list of my problems with my bike. Both turn signals went out, clutch Rez leaked, wrapped rotor,ECM had to be mapped twice to get it right, clutch cover bleeder leaked, clutch cover leaked and had to go to the dealer three times to fix it, had to get a new tire in 3000 miles(rear) now the oil light keeps coming on what the hell Buell!!! I have called Buell and complained. If I didn't love how this bike handles it would be on the chopping block. I am now the laughing stock of all my Jap bike buddies!!!!! They still can't keep up with me in the corners ( when I have it from the dealer) [mad][confused] Someone help keep this thing and not go back to JAP bikes

Buell_Cru
10-11-2009, 04:01 PM
You must have an 08 1125R. Depending on where you live check out the local lemon law and see if your bike falls under the law. Get a lawyer and tell the local dealership you bought it from you are going to sue them if they don't come through with a fix for by a certain deadline.

Geforce
10-11-2009, 05:14 PM
The clutch cover issue is resolved. There is a newly designed piston/sleeve/seal kit out for it.

The turn signals were also a known issue, the new ones do not burn out. There was a problem with a portion of the waferboard burning out.

Rotor warp? I amnot sure about this one. The factory pads will leave deposits if you race the bike due to heat. Mine did it after a track day from hard braking. The fix was to rebleed the front brake...take it up to about 90 and burn the deposits off. The pulsing goes away and your braking feel returns. My solution for this is to upgrade to a good street/track pad for future uses.

The tire... not really Buell's fault. The PCIIIs are GREAT street/track tires. They are not known for having exceptional longevity though. My suggestion to you would be to buy a harder compound tire that is not so soft. Especially if you are one straight flat roads and hardly ever go to the track.

My bike has been back to the dealer for the clutch cover, turn signals *I would bring the old one in and put the new one on in the parking lot* and the instrument cluster. Other than that it's been maintenance free and a sheer joy to ride.

If you continue to have serious issues, work with Buell Customer Service and be patient. You are less likely to get help and get your bike issues resolved if you start to complain and bicker.

Hopefully your dealer is good with Buell support. Sadly this is IMO the most difficult issue with new Buell owners... EG: Learning the hard way that not all dealers are equal when it comes to knowledge, service and helpful attitudes.

Best advise... be patient and let BMC take care of your issues. It's under warranty, THEY WILL GET YOUR BIKE RIGHT, just be patient and understand that no matter what manufactuer is out there, parts/issues are going to happen, especially on a newer model.

Hope this helps.

Geforce
10-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Oh yeah... and tell your IL4 buddies to stuff it. Go do some research and print out all the recalls for their bikes and match it up to yours... You'll be delighted to know Buell is one of the LEAST recalled manufactuers out there. We might have some hiccups along the line... but when it comes to recalls there are not many. Let us know if you need any help.

GSXdoubleR88ciNINJA
10-11-2009, 10:43 PM
I took an '08 1125R out from the dealer for 2 hours. Had all the fixes, seemed good to go. Then I gave it back. Couldn't wait to get back on my XB12R. For the street, with limited top end, and with so much fun between 0 mph and "street speed" I love the XB.

Be patient, with the dealer, all are NOT equal.

taildraggin
10-12-2009, 01:55 AM
The one I had for a week was hell on wheels. Fantastic. But, it had been sorted out (an '08) over 3 trips to the dealer. He did a good job, though. It was flawless. The 09s seem to be sorted out of the box; the 08s are a bargain once you punch through the updates.

BigRonbowski
10-20-2009, 02:45 AM
Oh Boy...I just picked up an 08 1125r! Hope i'm not going to have problems...I couldn't pass up the killer deal! I know they said they had to re-do a map for somwthing??? Not sure what!