PDA

View Full Version : lean running x1 need help

duane
10-14-2009, 03:35 AM
I have a 200 x1 lightning that is running lean. It has the stock ecm and a vance and Hines exhaust. I took it to the dealer and they dyno tested the bike no error code nothing wrong except confirmed its running lean especially between 2500 and 3500 rpm. when running in this range the engine sputters etc. They had no suggestions except to live with it or modify the exhaust to have more backpressure by installing baffles to slow down the flow. My question is what about a race ecm? will that solve my problems.
cheers

martinwill
10-17-2009, 08:57 AM
could be an air leak in the intake ?
get a race map off someone and load into your ecm (save your old map so you can put it back if things dont work out).
my x1 runs a buell race exhaust which has no baffles, a foam performance air filter and a race map in the ecm, goes like a rocket with no flat spots.

kalali
10-21-2009, 05:25 PM
My X1 has the same set up as yours and had the same symptoms and loading race fuel/timing maps solved my problem. There is really nothing the dealer can do about it other than selling you a Race ECM. Either load the race maps (via ECMspy) or get a Race ECM.

Sapper
11-02-2009, 05:27 AM
I second the Race ECM option, I run a race exhaust and race ECM with FOrcewinder intake and bike runs great.

duane
11-04-2009, 12:15 AM
Well race ecm didnt fix the problem. TPS was reset twice, checked for intake leaks with a propane torch. Race ECM seems to have pronounced the proplem. Now get rough running almost 500 rpms higher from 3000 to 4,000 rpm vs 2500-3500rpm's on the stock ecm. Now going to replace sensors one by one and hopefully that will clear up the problem. Going to start with the TPS and retime. Have a hunch it could also be the temp sensor as riding in the cold today it seemed to run slightly better. Will keep you posted. Any advice appreciated Cheers,