PDA

View Full Version : Jardine Pipe for Buell

JSW07
08-04-2007, 03:07 AM
I just got my Jardine pipe put on! It's WAY to loud for doing highway stuff! Sounds good though! Anybody tried the baffle to deaden the sound? Does it work well?
I'll just say, if you looking for a LOUD PIPE this is the one to get! The parts guy at my dealer assured me "its not going to be too loud,...my Micron is way louder and the D&D is loudest..." Bull ****, I am a little pissed that I got the pipe put on right before a 3000k ride...even with ear plugs its to loud for long rides!

buellxb
08-04-2007, 04:00 AM
Is it painfully loud, or annoyingly loud? If it's as loud as you say, it sound like the exhaust for me.

BuellPartsGuy
08-04-2007, 04:52 AM
You can repack that one with more packing and maybe a bigger baffle if you do your research and it will quiet down considerably.

Where are you located JSW07?

His_and_Her_Buells
08-04-2007, 06:23 AM
Jardine offers a quiet insert to bring down the volume a bit. Dealer was right in that D&D is the loudest and wrong in that Micron is louder than Jardine, they are the same. I've been wanting a new exhaust since the day I bought my bike but I didn't want to rush into anything so I've been studying the exhaust shootout for a month and evaluating my riding style and needs (and wallet[mad]) before I decided on the Spec Ops.

LeFox
08-04-2007, 08:51 AM
http://www.hillbilly-motors.com/assets/images/Jardin_Quiet_Insert.jpg

40$

Das Bolt
08-06-2007, 02:03 AM
Even with ear plugs its too loud?I use ear plugs on long highway rides too with no problems,maybe the plugs you use are not rated for a very high noise level. Don't get me wrong, if you are unhappy change the exaust,but if it's just the long rides that get to you ear plugs are a lot cheaper than another new exaust.

LeFox
08-06-2007, 07:19 AM
don't use airplugs...i just love the sound all the way :D

mrdozer2you
08-06-2007, 12:26 PM
What? all I hear is ringing. I feel like im in a silent movie :p :D:D:D

LeFox
08-06-2007, 03:25 PM
you guys do use helmets, right?
or is that still an choice in the u.s.?

although my helmet is not that good with noise reduction, i'm not bothered by the sound my bike makes...on the contrary :p

His_and_Her_Buells
08-06-2007, 04:21 PM
4 of the 50 states of no helmet laws, 20 have full helmet laws, 19 riquire helmets for riders under age 18, and 7 require helmets for tiders under 21. I live in one of the 4 states with no helmet laws but I always wear my helmet. It is still a hot debate here.

Das Bolt
08-06-2007, 11:55 PM
Helmets are always a good idea but it sucks when the choice is taken out of your hands.Back to the subject though, I think wind noise is more annoying than exaust rumble.

JSW07
08-07-2007, 03:22 AM
Buell Parts Guy-
Where are you located JSW07? I am located in Calgary Alberta

His and Her Buells- I read the test as well it sounded like they thought the Jardine was the loudest...you think maybe the decible test was inaccurate? The only disadvatage with the Drummers and the Special Ops is that you have to modify your stock exhaust...whats happens if you don't like the after market pipe...your stuck...no stock pipe left because you modified it to be noisy!

Das Bolt- Even with ear plugs its to loud...stupid loud...I use 35db plugs backwards because I can't seem to get them to seat in my ear the proper way. I have custom molds on order they said they block out 20-50 db

The

His_and_Her_Buells
08-07-2007, 06:22 AM
Helmets are always a good idea but it sucks when the choice is taken out of your hands.Back to the subject though, I think wind noise is more annoying than exaust rumble.

I agree on both statements

you think maybe the decible test was inaccurate?

Higher pitches of the same dB level "sound" louder to most people so the Jardine may have sounded louder because the others were deeper. So yeah dB readings even when accurate can be misleading.

The only disadvatage with the Drummers and the Special Ops is that you have to modify your stock exhaust...whats happens if you don't like the after market pipe...your stuck...no stock pipe left because you modified it to be noisy!

Spec Ops will sell one outright for a little extra money. Not sure about Drummer though. you can pick up a spare stock exhaust, there is almost always one on ebay. I've seen them go for as low as $30.

I see you ordered the silencer for your jardine. Let me know if that works.

mrdozer2you
08-07-2007, 12:34 PM
I think the silencer will do the trick. It pops on and off pretty easy. For long highway rides clip it on. For pissin people off around town, pop it off :D

LeFox
08-07-2007, 08:23 PM
It pops on and off pretty easy

you just need to drill a small hole in the exhaust tip so you can tighten it with a little screw.

Das Bolt
08-08-2007, 12:18 AM
JSW07,it sounds like your using the soft rubber plugs,they look kinda like a mushroom?I have trouble getting them to fit right also.I use the foam type you roll between your fingers and then hold in place as they expand.They are marked,NRR33/SNR34, I don't know what grade that makes them but I can drill through concrete all day and no ringing. They must be pretty common/cheap because we can grab them by the handfull on the job site.

JSW07
08-08-2007, 12:20 AM
The foam squishy ones are the ones I'm using...I think I just have huge ear canal's!