PDA

View Full Version : new 1125r owner, have some questions

91dx
10-21-2009, 02:05 AM
I just picked up my new 08 1125r today, it came with 480 miles. Noticed some things that I thought were odd (coming from a gsxr 750)

When i first started it up it didn't sound like the vtwin I was expecting. It sounded kind of rough and the engine doesn't seem to ride as smooth as I thought it would. Is that normal?

There seems to be a dead spot at 6k rpm, then right after that I get a surge of power. Again, normal?

The throttle isn't as repsonsive as I'd like it. In other words the throttle has more resistance in it than I would like, is there a way to fix that?

Frame sliders, where to buy?

Are there any free and easy mods?

Sorry for the list of questions, and i just noticed I put it in the wrong forum. I don't know how to delete it so bare with me.

wokor2wheel
10-21-2009, 02:45 AM
DX if you bought your bike at the dealer then I would take it back, Tell the service writer exactly what your concern is and if possible talk to the Tech that is working on your bike. There may not have been a reflash on the ECM. Ask them to check to see if it has. Also if the bike has been sitting a long while, an 08 with 480 miles is a long time sitting, see if they can drain the gas out and put some fresh stuff in. Best o luck to you.

Jornum1
10-21-2009, 03:06 AM
+1 on what Wokor said
The 2008's have a bunch of recalls and ecm flash's that need to be done to them. There is a website the dealer has access to that will tell them what your bike needs.
Make sure all of these are done.
about the throttle and such, have you rode a Buell before? You said your coming from a GSXR, and the characteristics are a lot different.

I am new to the 1125's too, I came from a XB though, so I was familiar with Buells already.

91dx
10-21-2009, 11:59 AM
nope this is my first buell. So I take it they are nothing like their japanese counterparts?

Jornum1
10-21-2009, 02:10 PM
Nope not really, Buell is pretty unique compared to most bikes. Especially the 1125.
The engine is going to be a little "rough" while its breaking in. Remember to change the oil at 600 miles per the manual, or get it serviced at the dealer.

The dead spot at 6k could be that you dont have the latest ecm flash.
Did you buy this from a dealer?

91dx
10-21-2009, 03:29 PM
yeah i got it from a dealer, I made sure to ask if the bike needed any recall work. My salesperson said he had the bike in the service shop to see if I needed any work and it came back clean.

91dx
10-22-2009, 12:57 AM
when i initially start up the bike the lcd displays the average mpg readout. And according to the owners manual it should display the temps as defulat. Is there a way to change it so that upon startup the lcd displays the temps?