PDA

View Full Version : Buell XB12R(X), Ulysses Hybrid

midlifecrisis
08-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Any ideas out here for mutating my Firebolt? I'm looking to put Ulysses handlebars and seating (airbox all the way back) to make it an XB12R-X? Possible, crazy, stupid?

His_and_Her_Buells
08-08-2007, 12:36 AM
definately possible. I've seen a lightning with firebolt fairing and uly tailsection and seat. Or was it a firebolt with lightning triple clamp and handlebars and a uly seat. Either way you get the idea.

Das Bolt
08-08-2007, 01:26 AM
Frankenbuell?Mary shelley would be proud.

midlifecrisis
08-08-2007, 10:13 PM
Any ideas on the specifics involved? That is, the Uly's frame is wider so anyone know how that will affect the mutation?

slwglide
08-09-2007, 09:30 PM
i think the idea is great.. but were would you find a uly seat and rear section? The rear set mounting looks like it may be a little different also but I would like to think they keep as much the same as possible. Please keep updating this post if your able to try this, I will post any info I find on the mods.

xtremelow
08-11-2007, 12:54 PM
Some modifications would be needed since the ulysses frame is different than the firebolt, so that would be the biggest hurdle but other than that everything else would be simple. Oh you would also need to relocate the ignition switch since a uly is mounted on the side not the top like the firebolt. But you could just build a custom mount ( you would lose the tree lock ).

I am sure you would need a couple other small things but not much maybe extend a wire or two.

Brandon