View Full Version : Might be selling my 1125R

10-27-2009, 02:10 AM
After one season of riding my 08 1125R I'm considering the painstaking decision of selling it. Love the bike but I just don't get as much saddle time as I'd like. Only have around 2k miles on it. Looking at going back to a dualsport which I could still be riding right now instead of looking at my Buell sitting on the stands in the garage. It's black, stock, and has a tank bra. Would be interested in trading for a dualsport plus cash or a combo of that and a small(300-400cc) 4x4 atv for my daughter. I live in northern MN and can transport if needed.

10-27-2009, 09:02 PM
Sorry to hear you may be giving up the fight! Best of luck to you with the dual sport!

10-28-2009, 02:12 AM
Thanks Tank. Would love to keep it and have both but don't like things sitting idle in the garage. With the crappy economy I may end up hanging on to it and riding next season which I am fine with. Already getting the lowballers on craigslist trying to get it for ridiculous cheap. They tell me how they can go to the dealer and by a new one for 5-6k which I know isn't anywhere near the truth since I've been there regularly chatting with some of the folks I know.

10-28-2009, 02:55 AM
I beg to differ on the prices, my local Harley has there 1125's stickered at $7995 and are willing to drop. I know it isn't 5-6k but if I can buy new for under 8k why buy used for near that?

Look at their web page just google Grand Rapids Harley Davidson.

10-28-2009, 04:55 AM
Yeah I happen to have a friend who just picked one up for $5,600 OTD! like 10 miles on it. I suggest either drop the price or hold on and enjoy your collectors item. now is not the time to sell used and expect to bet back what you have in.

10-28-2009, 11:06 AM
Not expecting top $ by any means and I got it for a great price when I bought it. Xtremelow's pricing is what I've seen around here. Can't believe some dealers are letting them out the door for under 6k but a lot of places are hurting right now. Either way, I am very patient and will sit on it if need be. If I happen to come along a dualsport for the right price guess I'll have to live with two bikes for a while.

10-28-2009, 12:20 PM
I have a BMW dealer in Florida willing to give me 8k trade in on a Ducati... waiting for them to give me the final #s and it will go on the trailer and I'll be riding what I realy wanted in the first place!

10-28-2009, 12:37 PM
Here is my take on the new 1125's going for $5500 OTD...lets assume stealer cost is $9700. HD is giving the stealer the $5000 rebate. So, if they sell one for $5500 + the $5K discount, thats just like them selling one normally for $10,500. The stealers that are selling them for $7-8K are just really greedy IMHO. Thats the same as selling one normally for $12-13K, which is at MSRP or above on the CR's. The dealer that I bought mine from sold 34 1125's in a matter of a few days at $5500. 34 X $800 (assuming my guess of cost is correct) = $27,200. Thats probably more profit on Buell sales than they had all year to date. So, in short, the stealers that are sticking to the $7-8K better hope they dont have them on the floor when the rebate goes away or they will never sell them because the market for them will be gone. And as lightningbolt said, now is not the time to try to sell a used one I am sorry to say. Just my 2 cents.

Hope it works out for you though.

10-29-2009, 09:02 PM
No biggie. Probably ride it out until the dealers stop getting the extra $ from Buell. If not, I'll just trade it in since it will hold it's value regardless of how the dealers are undercutting things.