PDA

View Full Version : Buellxb Redesign

buellxb
12-23-2006, 03:34 PM
The success of this forum has prompted me to plan for a major site re-design and upgrade early in 2007. Here is a list of possible features. I would love feedback from our members on what they would like to add, change, or keep the same. Thanks for the support!
Planning on..
Dealer locate
Better photo gallery
Buell videos, races, tricks, etc
Improved logo, look and feel for buellxb.com
Any other suggestions?

BuellPartsGuy
12-30-2006, 12:35 AM
On another forum I am on, they have the option of Personal Messenging on the board. Thats a nice feature. They have some pretty cool smileys on that board too. Thats where I got the little dancing banana guy in the "member of the month" post

AlansHouse
01-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Are you going to allow for images to be hosted here? Is that already the case? If so I could not figure out how. I hosted my photos elsewhere.

It would be nice to have to option to be emailed a notification if someone replied to a particular post.

buellxb
01-06-2007, 06:26 AM
There were many options for forums. I chose this seo-board forum because is was light. This means it will load quickly for all members including dial-up members. It's also really good for Search Engine Optimization. This will help the forum grow because it's easy to find. Just type in 'Buell xb' into Google, MSN, or Yahoo. We rank above Buell.com in most cases. I will host any images on the Server. Just email images to me and tell me what post you want them in and I will add them. As you've found out you can also find other image hosting such as photobucket. Thanks for the feedback. I just hired a PHP programmer that knows coldfusion, CSS, and a host of other cool stuff for a new web design company I started. This should make it a breeze to add some really cool things to this site in the near future. [up]

seoer
01-09-2007, 03:32 PM
You should go with VB when you redesign [up] With the right hosting it can be just as fast and is easier to MOD up as you grow, with all the bells and whistles. The only issue with seo-board is the support and only one programmer working on it, but other than that it's very sweet and light indeed.

It would be easy to keep your posts too since the dbs can be the same.