PDA

View Full Version : profiling

slwglide
08-13-2007, 10:23 PM
17 years not one ticket.. I have had my xb12r for 1 month, I already have a ticket and I know I was doing the limit and I've been followed twice thru small towns by a squad car. Whats up with the sport bike profiling? Do people really speed thru small towns on a sunday morning? what can I do about it?[confused]

07xb12r
08-13-2007, 11:59 PM
Be prepared for the next one is about all I can tell you. If you think about it slwglide, its just like evrything else, some people abuse the power, the brilliance of these machines, to speed reclessly, to own the corners if you will, stunt for observers ( who beg you to do it) And of course.....my self included. I got my first ticket (my fault..speeding) and I swore I was done, even took up drag racing. Ha Ha still can't keep out of it. It's like my right hand is posessed. I'm 47 you would think one would grow up.
So anyways.....I would bet 90% of police profile red high end cars, until recently all Harley riders where considered "questionable", lowriders, the bling suv's, skateboarders, as well as just about anything that you can think of...and you can bet your butt, you're a 150 mph , corner curving, stunting, 21 yr old, wayyyyyyy before he pulls you over. And apologize for the role I play in that, as well as most of the others I have mentioned.
P.S. I hadn't had a ticket in 12 yrs prior to my Buell purchase.

slwglide
08-14-2007, 12:37 AM
Your right. I guess I'll have to deal with it. I know were to ride, and only be a danger to myself. I would never speed thru a small town. So I guess that just bugs me because I've been thru this town hundreds of times on my harley and never felt unwelcome. I have a track day coming up this week. Maybe I can get my cornering fix in and take it easy on the street. By the way I'm 44 and this bike is the most enjoyable motorcycle I've ever owned. I hope I'm still finding new back roads at 60.

BuellPastor
08-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Cool. Cool. Cool. I'm 44 for a few more days and think this is the best bike I have owned. I'm seriously thinking track day - something I have never done before. I, too, hope I am carving corners at 60. (sorry about the ticket)

Kawboy40
08-14-2007, 03:39 PM
Perhaps those officers that followed you were admiring your new Buell?

LeFox
08-14-2007, 03:41 PM
maybe they though you were riding to slow...looked suspicious :p :D

tbramich
08-15-2007, 10:52 AM
next time hide your plate by your rear fender and dont stop :D

mrdozer2you
08-15-2007, 12:52 PM
Been there, done that..... not a good result :p

slwglide
08-16-2007, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the advice all. I'll just try to keep cool in town, and play on the back roads.

bbrady
08-16-2007, 12:37 AM
slwglide, just out of curiosity were are you riding this weekend? The only reason I ask is because I have a track day on Saturday in MI.

XBear9S
08-16-2007, 03:01 AM
If yer not part of the solution, yer part of the problem!

Guess I'm part of the problem.
I speed everywhere!
Speed limits are for sheep who can't out run the coyotes.
That's my mantra of the day;

"Don't ewe be a sheep! Be a Hellbuelly!"

or...
"Run with the pack, not with a herd!"

Sorry if I've caused you undue scrutiny!
I claim FULL RESPONSIBLILTY!
I'd even pay that fine for ya, ifin' I wasn't as broke as I am evil!

Robtk!42 a.k.a. "Specialk!" http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p39/hnglikabear/teu01.gif

"If the person in the next lane at the stoplight rolls up the window and locks the door, support their view of life by snarling at them."
--Anonymous HellBuelly

slwglide
08-18-2007, 11:00 PM
bbrady Was your track day at South Haven? If so how is that track? My track day was at Autobahn country club in Joliet Il. I am hooked I can't plan the next one fast enough. I am going to try for road America on Oct. 9th. The firebolt made my day, I almost looked like I new what I was doing.

bbrady
08-20-2007, 12:45 AM
No I was at Gingerman...looking to go to Gratten(?) towards the end of September. I heard its one of the best tracks around

By the way, I'm totally hooked too!!! I can not wait till the next time!!!

XBear9S
08-23-2007, 01:01 AM
[up] Anyone ridden @ Barber? [up]

I've been there twice to visit the museum.
The track is the prettiest thing I ever laid eyes 'on!
Looks smooth as butta!

Robtk!42 a.k.a. "Specialk!"

"In the struggle for survival, the fittest win out at the expense of their rivals because they succeed in adapting themselves best to their two-wheeled environment."
--Charles "Uly" Darwin

XBear9S
08-23-2007, 01:05 AM
[up] Anyone ridden @ Barber? [up]

I've been there twice to visit the museum.
The track is the prettiest thing I ever laid eyes 'on!
Looks smooth as butta!

Robtk!42 a.k.a. "Specialk!"

"In the struggle for survival, the fittest win out at the expense of their rivals because they succeed in adapting themselves best to their two-wheeled environment."
--Charles "Uly" Darwin

bbrady
08-23-2007, 11:18 PM
slwglide, sorry I was at South Haven....do not know what I was thinking the other day. I had a blast, I think it got to my small brain!!!!

slwglide
08-24-2007, 10:52 PM
bbrady
I will be joining PTT or STT soon Do you do your track times with either of these groups? STT looks better to me because they have a few female trainers. I think it would be cool to learn to be fast and smooth from the other gender. I am going to blackhawk 9-8 or road america 10-8. or I might take the cruise to grattan in sept.

bbrady
08-25-2007, 01:35 AM
I'll be at Gratten in September with STT. They were pretty cool the first time at South Haven. My buddy has been going threw them for a couple years and he said they are the best he has dealt with.

STT typically does twenty minute sessions, with the three different groups - Novice, Intermediate, and Expert. Do not know about PTT.

slwglide
08-25-2007, 05:18 AM
PTT was really well run.. They hosted a great day of riding. I hope to learn from them both. At 150 to 200 a day I'll have to squeeze days in when I can.

erkblack
08-27-2007, 07:40 PM
JUST GOT ME FIRST. 130 IN A 75 = TWO YEARS PROBATION.ANY ONE WANT TO BUY MY BIKE AND HEPL KEEP ME OUT OF TROUBLE

MrOrange
08-28-2007, 02:24 AM
OUCH!!!
130 IN A 75