PDA

View Full Version : Tires for the Blast.

texan1958
08-14-2007, 11:39 AM
I have just under 10K miles on my 05 blast. My second rear Dunlop needs replacing as well as the origianl front. 3 tires every 10K is too much.
What tires are some of you going to? Cost of tires nullifies the gas savings. thanks.

ezblast
08-14-2007, 10:45 PM
lol

LeFox
08-15-2007, 10:32 AM
just go for mid sporty tires by michelin or pirelli.

like:
michelin: pilot sport or pilot road
pirelli: diablo strada, scorpion sync, dragon mtr01/mtr02

ezblast
08-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Avon - am26 - they are new - not as sticky as the Vipers - which range around 3500 to 4000 on the rear, however, they are made for longer tread wear - so just don't go hot into a corner and you'll be fine.
GT - JBOTDS! EZ[cool]

ezblast
08-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Note Pirrelli has shortest life and the Mich. models are Euro only in Blast sizes.

LeFox
08-15-2007, 06:12 PM
Pirrelli has shortest life
the scorpion sync are standard here on the xb9.
friend of mine does a bit over 8000k with the rear and he rides hard. on a blast i bet you can easily get 10k on them.

ezblast
08-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Lol - first they don't sell them in Blast sizes, second for any single - if you can get over 5000 on a rear you've just worked a miricle equal of the loaves and fishes on even a stock Blast - usually the best for the Dunlop was 4500 with someone saying they got 5500 but no one else so far - and even with that they are still so unsafe compared to the Pirelli which did cost half as much and lasted around 3000 max which made them a deal when you considered how sticky (literally from the go), responsive and sure they where in comparison to the Dunlop - which is why the factory switched to them - a good move to help the new rider feel more confident in their riding.
The Avon has always been the compromise - since it needs to be warmed up - around six miles to ten to get warmed up, then performs flawlessly - especially in the LP oversized which quickens response yet feels more planted in turns.
GT - JBOTDS! EZ

ezblast
08-15-2007, 10:10 PM
And with the best longevity of all of them - the Avons I must add.

LeFox
08-16-2007, 07:20 AM
ok, you said 1st that the michelin doesn't have the blast sizes, except for europe.
problem is europe doesn't have the blast.

had pirelli's on my duc's and my friend still rides with pirelli on his xb9, never had any complaints.
nor would lie about the milage you get of a tire.

avon has good tires, but they can not keep up with the newer generations, not from the test i did.

but ok, both don't have the blast sizes, so ignore my posts, texan1958.

the avon is a good tire and you won't have any problems with them on a blast.

texan1958
08-16-2007, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I am fairly new to biking and would have expected better milage on tires. I'm learning quick though. I got 5K on my first Dulop rear, but I wore it till the center tread was gone. Didn't do that on purpose!!