PDA

View Full Version : just bought 09 xb12ss need mudflap for front fender

tepiddeath
11-05-2009, 01:15 AM
there is massive road construction in my neighbor hood for a half mile in any direction from my house, and it looks like i have been off roading because the mud flings up all over my motor. I know it is not good for the heat dissipation, any suggestions???

stopie20
11-05-2009, 01:20 AM
uummmm.... wash it.[smirk]

tepiddeath
11-06-2009, 03:04 AM
I really would like to spend more time riding than washing, I do wash the engine to keep the mud from caking on it- seeing as how it is not good for heat dissipation. But you don't understand the condition of the roads here, plus this is my only transportation, unless I want to ride my old man's 07FLHX

theoctopus
11-06-2009, 05:24 AM
I suggest you wrap the entire bike in saran wrap. Get behind it, give it a real strong push, then hop on top until you lose momentum. Hop off, and repeat.

If that doesn't work, then just ride it and rinse it with the hose after every ride before the mud dries. Sometimes that's the price you have to pay to do right by your bike.

hula Buell
11-06-2009, 06:47 AM
Sounds like things are not so good there.I thought Hawaii got top billing in the last US Transportation Dept.survey for the worst roads.Is your condition for ever or will it get fixed?

stopie20
11-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Well i wasnt really serious... Are there any sidewalks or unmolested grassy areas near the road where you might find an alternate path??? Other than that I wouldnt worry too much about it. Dirt bikes were air cooled for years and that was when the tracks used to really get muddy and rutted up. just clean it as soon as you can.

Unless you want to hang a piece of thin plastic about 10" wide from your lower tripleclamp so that it just clears the ground and lightly rubs on the backside of the tire when it rotates, then just find a place to stash it at the end of the construction zone, tire and fender will still get it but motor should be clean..

tepiddeath
11-07-2009, 03:03 AM
Thanks for the advice, octopus, I don't think your saran wrap idea is feasable as that is definitely not the way this hot little bike was made to ride. I did find a hidden, brand new sidewalk, and have been utilizing it for the last couple days, seems to have resolved the majority of the issue. I am definitely not one of those girls who is concerned with her bike being pretty, if I was into pretty I would be modeling. I would like to not have to answer the offroading question like 12 times a day though! Any way, thanks again.